User Avatar Image

PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Nintendo Wii

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 545 users

So which console do you think is better? Now some rules before we go on. 1.Have good reasons for liking one console over another instead of just being a fanboy and saying Xbox is better than the Wii just because it is!!!!. 2.Respect other peoples opinions. Also i don't think any of these consoles are bad.

Anyway i think PS3 is best. I got a PS3 & a Wii and i have played Xbox before. The reasons i think PS3 is better than Xbox and Wii is that it has better exclusives like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Infamous,Sly Cooper,Resistance and Little Big Planet. Now fair enough the Wii has Mario,Zelda,Metroid and more but i like the Playstation exclusives more.

It does not make you pay money to get online like Xbox does and it has better online features that the Wii.

PS3 has a Blu Ray player.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: ....ow.

yeah that was a stinger.

• They each have their strengths. I first got a 360 because it was the best contender for graphics. But the PS3 is now pretty much equal in that area as more developers take advantage of the system's capabilities. Also it has a Blu-Ray Drive. HUGE. AND free online play. The Wii has a few great games and is immensely fun to hack and run homebrew on. In short, I have all three because of these reasons. I've stopped playing all of them, though, since I got my custom built desktop which can run basically anything now. Also, PC games are usually $10 cheaper that console games here in Canada.

'A couple generations'......sigh

• Oh, look at all the snarky comments in here! Well fuck youse, I wanna talk about consoles.

PS3 = More genuinely interesting exclusives than Xbox, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, all that mental PSN digital stuff. The firmware is total shit though and I hate it, downloading patches is super-painful. Multi-plat games tend to be inferior or non-functioning (Skyrim) because the cell is a massive pain to work with compared to every other architecture.

360 = Babby PC. Exclusives aren't so hot, online service functions better than PS3 but horribly laid-out with adverts in your face from the get-go and games are pushed to the back in a sub-menu. Plus subs, but at least it works well.

Wii = First-party games (Mario, Zelda et al) plus really different thrid-party games. There's a lot of weird stuff flying about for Wii and a good amount of it's pretty compelling, definitely your port of call when you get fed up with day one DLC and brown shooters. Motion controls sometimes suck and online community features are pretty much non-existent.

I def play my Wii more than the other two, but mostly because I do have a PC but I keep some MP games handy on the others for mates coming around and all. The odd-time i'll just fancy the console experience (Batman or something) but mostly i'm hunched over my desk supping coffee. and clicking away.

Nice thread Ryan icon14.gif

• Thank you Jed :) At least some people are getting that this thread is a CONSOLE thread!!!.

Anyway you explained your reasons well Jed, I will agree that while i would play PS3 more i do come back to the Wii to play some Mario and some other games.

• how can i choose they are all my childrens

• I love my PS3. It's got Portal, Soul Calibur 5, Mass Effect, Batman. But I love my Wii a bit more. Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Other M, Smash Bros., Tales of Symphonia 2, and No More Heroes 1 & 2. And that's not counting Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story which I hear are very good, but I don't have the money to buy.

Plus, the Wii will play my older games. PS3 doesn't.

• Out of the three, I'd pick my PS3, followed by the Wii, and finally the 360.

I'm very comfortable with the PS3. I like the controller (which is the only one that's remained consistent for three consoles), I like the XMB, I like the exclusives, I like the fact it doesn't charge to play online and I LOVE Playstation Plus. I've so many games from that I've just plain run out of space for them. Great service there. More PS2 games at a reasonable price would be nice though...

The Wii's different. Its first-party games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc) are some of the best games I've ever played, and the controller is actually kinda fun to use - provided you use it with the right game, of course. It's a lot of (mostly) childish fun with the occasional hardcore game. Plus, of course, there's backwards compatibility, so now I can enjoy all the Gamecube games I never got round to enjoying!

The 360's not a bad console, but I can't find myself getting along with it as much as I'd like. I think it's the controller - I've never been a fan of Microsoft's joypads, and the 360s is no exception. The dashboard is also terrible - why shove the games page so far away? Hopeless. Finally, I've never liked the fact that you have to pay to play online. NEVER. In the 360s defence, the Indie market is great - I just wish it wasn't so buried these days.

So there you go. My views. Tada.

• @Darth Marsden said: Out of the three, I'd pick my PS3, followed by the Wii, and finally the 360.

I'm very comfortable with the PS3. I like the controller (which is the only one that's remained consistent for three consoles), I like the XMB, I like the exclusives, I like the fact it doesn't charge to play online and I LOVE Playstation Plus. I've so many games from that I've just plain run out of space for them. Great service there. More PS2 games at a reasonable price would be nice though...

The Wii's different. Its first-party games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc) are some of the best games I've ever played, and the controller is actually kinda fun to use - provided you use it with the right game, of course. It's a lot of (mostly) childish fun with the occasional hardcore game. Plus, of course, there's backwards compatibility, so now I can enjoy all the Gamecube games I never got round to enjoying!

The 360's not a bad console, but I can't find myself getting along with it as much as I'd like. I think it's the controller - I've never been a fan of Microsoft's joypads, and the 360s is no exception. The dashboard is also terrible - why shove the games page so far away? Hopeless. Finally, I've never liked the fact that you have to pay to play online. NEVER. In the 360s defence, the Indie market is great - I just wish it wasn't so buried these days.

So there you go. My views. Tada.

Yeah PS Plus is great. They got a great selection for games and my favorites they had since the update where they decided to give bigger and better games are Infamous 2, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and a few more. It's also cool how they are giving members access to betas. Also if they bring the PS All-Stars beta to PS Plus members, I'll just say that i got into the PS Vita beta a few weeks ago when people in the UK could get a beta invite and i think it was very fun.

• If it wasn't clear, I can't really pick a favourite. But I'd stick with the 360 because I prefer the shape of the controller and the graphics are better (and you don't HAVE to install games to the hard drive). I also have a 360-shaped controller for the PS3 anyway, though, so that's nice. Whenever I get a console game I'll get the 360 port, though, unless the PS3 port has exclusive content (like Mortal Kombat).

• @MusicallyInspired said: If it wasn't clear, I can't really pick a favourite. But I'd stick with the 360 because I prefer the shape of the controller and the graphics are better (and you don't HAVE to install games to the hard drive). I also have a 360-shaped controller for the PS3 anyway, though, so that's nice. Whenever I get a console game I'll get the 360 port, though, unless the PS3 port has exclusive content (like Mortal Kombat).

I don't see how the 360 has better graphics. everything I've seen shows that they're pretty much on even ground.

However, I DO agree with your point about installing games to the hard-drive. That annoys me beyond(hehe) belief with my PS3, especially when I wanted to try out DC Universe Online. So if anyone has any suggestions for expanding hard drive space on these things, I'd be glad to hear any suggestions.

Add Comment