User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The biggest threat could be Walkie man though.

• @ommmnomnomnom said: I hope it isnt a staring into the sunset/sunrise death, that will be so weak...

Or the blow myself up to save everyone ending...

Or anykind of dream (unless lee is alive) :P

Staring into the sunset/sunrise death has been done in both the the show and the comic. I wouldn't be surprised by it lol.

I agree with those who have said they think it happened to make it a no brainer as to whether Lee should sacrifice himself or let someone else look after Clementine or something along those lines.

• For all we know, he might have a supposed immunity.

• Different infections have different mortality rates. We could assume that this infection has a 100% mortality rate. However, we have to consider that there are two sources of infection: everyone is carrying one form that zombifies them at death, plus the infection that is passed by bite. We don't know the actual mortality rate for bite victims, as zombies usually kill their victims before the infection can take hold.

• Jesus, doesn't anyone here understand how blood flows? It goes fast. Very fast, to keep up heat in your body. It took seconds for Lee's bite infection to spread. In the time he took picking up the walkie and inspecting his bite, he was already doomed. Try cutting off circulation in your arm. Then, wait until you feel something in it again. That's exactly how fast blood can flow. Doesn't take long, and Lee is going to die. Get over it.

• I just finished my second playthrough, and I'm not 100% sure he was bitten. The marks look like they could be abrasions from anything, maybe the falling plywood...

They definately were just surface abrasions. and did not appear to be bleeding. Maybe his bloodstream is safe...

• Except they're two mirror opposite crescents
    And if it was a surface abrasion. Lee would be the first to know.
    He most definitely reacted like it was a bite.
    The fear and despair evident in his voice.

We even heard a juicy chomping sound..
    There really is no denying it...

• @LokiHavok said: Except they're two mirror opposite crescents
    And if it was a surface abrasion. Lee would be the first to know.
    He most definitely reacted like it was a bite.
    The fear and despair evident in his voice.

We even heard a juicy chomping sound..
    There really is no denying it...

Playing Devil's Advocate here... The fear and despair could easily be from worrying about Clem. The stress was adding up. Clem was gone, her hat was in the yard, the radio was on the street, and he just had a very close encounter with a walker. With all the adrenaline and emotions rushing through him, I doubt Lee could feel much of anything other than fear and despair. The marks may just be spattered blood, and Lee assumes the worst because of all the other bad crap happening right then.

I can't wait for Ep5 to find out!

• Alright Al Pacino.
    Explain the juicy chomping sound effects tho??? lol

Add Comment