User Avatar Image

So, About Ben...

posted by SabreNation on - last edited - Viewed by 888 users

Was there anyone else out there like me who has been saying again and again that they'd off that little bastard if they got a chance but then couldn't "pull the trigger" when the time came?

I know I've wanted to kill the little puke since Carly died (I had a hunch right away that he was behind the stolen stuff.) When he finally admitted it I REALLY wanted to kill him. Then the punk failed miserably at what should've been an easy task of watching after Clementine. I was so ready to kill him.

However, when the opportunity arose... I couldn't do it. I just couldn't bring myself to kill a person when the opportunity was there to save him.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wanted to kill him back then.
    ANd when the time came. I didn't shoot the zombie. I let him struggle with Oberon (Crawford leader zombie). I watched in inaction as his face was filled with terror.
    And I simply did nothing. Letting him fall to his death to be devoured by the dead.

Why?
    Cause fuck Ben that's why.
    He was a danger to the group and a total fuck-up.
    There's no room for dumb-asses in the zombie apocalypse.

• @LokiHavok said: I wanted to kill him back then.
    ANd when the time came. I didn't shoot the zombie. I let him struggle with Oberon (Crawford leader zombie). I watched in inaction as his face was filled with terror.
    And I simply did nothing. Letting him fall to his death to be devoured by the dead.

Why?
    Cause fuck Ben that's why.
    He was a danger to the group and a total fuck-up.
    There's no room for dumb-asses in the zombie apocalypse.

There is no room for jerk-asses in the ZA either. You killed Ben just because you didn't like him, not because he was a "danger" to the group.

• Well yeah of course. But I don't like him, cause he's an idiot and has put the group in direct danger a half-dozen times. And he constantly fails to react or do anything of value to the group.

*He sold out the group to the bandits basically.
    *He lied about that shit, causing my sharpshooting mistress to perish in his place.
    *All this led to Kenny's precious but retarded child getting bit.
    *Which also caused the only person resembling a doctor to shoot herself.
    *He failed to act like a man and left a child to die on the streets.
    *He unleashed a mini horde of zombies into a closed area.
    *He can't even open a fucking locked door.
    *He pulled out some drama at the worst possible time, compromising the group.

There are just a few of the Sins of Ben...
    I'm sure there are more.
    I would let a non-productive member die for 3-4 of these things.

• @LokiHavok said: Well yeah of course. But I don't like him, cause he's an idiot and has put the group in direct danger a half-dozen times. And he constantly fails to react or do anything of value to the group.

*He sold out the group to the bandits basically.
    *He lied about that shit, causing my sharpshooting mistress to perish in his place.
    *All this led to Kenny's precious but retarded child getting bit.
    *Which also caused the only person resembling a doctor to shoot herself.
    *He failed to act like a man and left a child to die on the streets.
    *He unleashed a mini horde of zombies into a closed area.
    *He can't even open a fucking locked door.
    *He pulled out some drama at the worst possible time, compromising the group.

There are just a few of the Sins of Ben...
    I'm sure there are more.
    I would let a non-productive member die for 3-4 of these things.

I watched a couple of 'Let's Play' videos around the time where you show (or hide) the bite and you tell the group about Clementine being missing...

When I watched almost all of the players get rejected by everyone, I thought to myself...

'Serves you right for being a complete asshole throughout the season.'

• Well, noone is saying Ben isnt an useless bag of hammers, but he didn't deserve death anyway. Even most of ben-haters, including me, couldnt just let ben fall to his death. I did it however on a second save just to see how he died, it was awful.
    A little off topic... Mini horde sounds unexplainablely cute

• I know, right? It seems that all of those asshole-Lee saves are screwed now. It will be interesting to see Lee, bitten and alone, looking for clementine.

• @isavedDoug said: When I watched almost all of the players get rejected by everyone, I thought to myself...

'Serves you right for being a complete asshole throughout the season.'

Everyone came with me with no convincing. I had been a pretty reasonable and pragmatic guy throughout the season.

Well except to Ben. I really couldn't forgive a betrayal like his first.
    I mean seriously. We invite him into the group. Give him shelter.
    And what little food we have. And he gives our precious medicines to a group of hostile bandits out of sheer spinelessness. I mean that's pretty deserving of death right there.

What I don't understand is why you guys would choose to save someone like that. He's the worst type of person. Reserved for the lowest circles of Hell.
    Where Judas and Brutus reside. He's a traitor!

• @Ghositex said: I know, right? It seems that all of those asshole-Lee saves are screwed now. It will be interesting to see Lee, bitten and alone, looking for clementine.

It would be interesting to see.

All I wanted is for Kenny to come, really. When I saw his face after showing him the bite, my face dropped, him and Lee have been together since Day 1.

I feel, regardless of who's side you've been on, he will be really sad and depressed to see Lee go too.

I had suspicions before episode 4 came out, too. That Kenny will be the protagonist in the next season, it could work but it would be boring to see the same survivors again.

• Well, if you kill someone just to get some kid of profit from it, you're worse as Ben.

• I didn't kill him.
    I "let him die"
    Didn't even shoot the zombie.

That's what happens when you're a weak ass punk.

Add Comment