User Avatar Image

Taking all of Kenny's bullshit emotionally paid off for me

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 474 users

I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Yertos said: I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

    At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.




    Ok, now when I help him all the way, but refuse to murder an elderly man for him, and am then told that I am only in this for myself and that he could care less what happens to us, despite me agreeing with him on nearly everything, but that scenario(I also didn't murder Ben), then I can say screw him! :)

  • @Gman5852 said: Ok, now when I help him all the way, but refuse to murder an elderly man for him, and am then told that I am only in this for myself and that he could care less what happens to us, despite me agreeing with him on nearly everything, but that scenario(I also didn't murder Ben), then I can say screw him! :)


    Exactly!

    The dude's nothing but a piece of shit. I refuse to kill a woman's dad just to keep our friendship. The way you hold back Lilly and just force her to watch.... Jesus, it's just so awful.

  • Taking care of Larry there is the biggest move to him, he fully believes Larry is about to come back and could kill him, Clem, and you. Doubt he cared about Lilly as much :P but he was in a very emotional state with his family being taken away from him by cannibals. Gotta understand he wasn't thinking clearly and because of that if you don't side with him he feels like you just betrayed him and his family. Bad reason I know but at least I get why he's mad. And I believe you can still get him and not kill Larry, you just need to make sure to be 100% pro Kenny the rest of the two chapters.

  • @Yertos said: I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

    At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.



    I know man. That's exactly how my canon play is. It just got harder and harder to support him from the start of 3 (I thought taking Larry out was the right thing to do), and then when he lost his family I was instantly by his side again. Poor guy is a really great friend if you back him up, and with his family gone that line really hit home for me when he said Clem and I were like family to him. Really the only thing I truly disagree with is letting Ben die, but I still understand why he wants me to do that. I don't blame him so much as I blame the apocalypse.

  • I helped Kenny most of the time except for 1 or 2 instances, and he didn't stand by me at the end of Ep. 4. I'm still wondering why. Maybe I should try playing it again, because I might need him in a tough situation later on.

  • @Toasty said: I helped Kenny most of the time except for 1 or 2 instances, and he didn't stand by me at the end of Ep. 4. I'm still wondering why. Maybe I should try playing it again, because I might need him in a tough situation later on.



    Nah man, stay with your choices. That's when the game truly shines.

  • I thought it was more emotional that everyone was there for Lee, and I didn't have to take Kenny's bull. He does contradict himself though. How can I be looking out for only myself, when he agrees I was there for his family, or whatever. Hey I'll let it slide.

  • I didn't agree with that sob all the time, but I had his back alot and did more to protect his family and the group then he ever did, and he tells me he won't help me find Clementin because I was selfish and never thought of anyone but myself? I told him to go f**** himself and if they would have gave me the option I would have knocked him on his ass. The guy was an ungrateful prick.

  • What do you guys expect? Loyalty is a two way street.
    Kenny is just misunderstood. He's prolly the most compassionate character in the whole series.

  • I felt it was weird that I hadn't really supported Kenny, and he gave me his spill about Loyalty. I seriously think my game corrupted or something because it was pretty random. I think the whole Kenny thing is pretty buggy, but eh I dunno how games work so it may just function that way.

Add Comment