User Avatar Image

Taking all of Kenny's bullshit emotionally paid off for me

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 994 users

I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LokiHavok said: What do you guys expect? Loyalty is a two way street.
    Kenny is just misunderstood. He's prolly the most compassionate character in the whole series.

Nah, I've been friends with him and the only thing we really had a disagreement about was Larry, everything between us was cool. I helped him emotionally after his family died and I tried to be a good friend.

Clementine gets kidnapped, "Hey you never looked out for my family, screw finding that little girl D:<"

If he can still be angry over something like that after you had been a good friend to him, then he can go screw himself.

"What has she done for me" about Molly I think

He's the kinda of friend who keeps track of what you've done for him only.

• Actually I DID kill Larry. The only time I disagreed with him was Ben. And apparently that makes me a selfish dick.

So I stand by my "Fuck that guy" response.

• How did you guys react to him about Duck being bit? Did you constantly bring it up and kept telling him he has to deal with it? It's true but it hurts him to hear it from you over and over. Fighting him on the train will not help one bit haha. And if you choose Katjaa or Kenny to shoot Duck, Katjaa will go out there alone and as she's walking away you can put your hand on Kenny's shoulder and it says at the top "Kenny won't forget your compassion" or something like that.

I don't think it's all just the stat screen choices that matter, those are the big players but a lot of the little dialogue and and the way you handle yourself also plays a role.

• He was a dick to me just cuz I didn't kill an unconscious man in front of his daughter.

Whoop-de-doo.

• Kenny is coming with me in EP5, but he didn't want to at first. When I asked him he said something like "If it was my family would you help me?" Which is odd because I have helped his family several times. I saved Duck on the farm, I fed him every time I had food, I let him be Robin to my Batman, and I put him out of his misery when Kenny couldn't.

The only time I wasn't with his family was in EP1 when I told him to try and reason with Larry. Later in the conversation I sided with Kenny, but he takes that "try and reason with him" choice as me siding with Larry.

I like Kenny, but he gets annoying at times. It seems like his idea of friendship is someone who blindly follows you and agrees with 100% of the decisions you make. Anyone who doesn't side with him on everything he says and does isn't a friend.

• All those conversation points points where it says "Kenny won't forget that" or Kenny noticed your loyalty" or the like probably mean something too you know. It's not JUST the stat screens at the end of each episode, although those are major parts. The conversations with him really DO matter.

• I had his back at all times, except with Larry and he acted like a little bitch about how I "never did anything for him" - Kenny is a tool.

• @Rock114 said: All those conversation points points where it says "Kenny won't forget that" or Kenny noticed your loyalty" or the like probably mean something too you know. It's not JUST the stat screens at the end of each episode, although those are major parts. The conversations with him really DO matter.

This. You can't just pick Duck, side with Kenny, steal food and kill Larry to get him to stay with you, what you say to him outside major choices DO count.

• @Rock114 said: All those conversation points points where it says "Kenny won't forget that" or Kenny noticed your loyalty" or the like probably mean something too you know. It's not JUST the stat screens at the end of each episode, although those are major parts. The conversations with him really DO matter.

That makes sense, but he told me he didn't know if I'd help his family which I did do several times. I was nice to Kenny for most of the game and he still didn't want to come at first. I've only done one playthrough, but it seems like you have to constantly agree with him on everything he says and does in order for him to want to help you.

• @StanleyStutters said: That makes sense, but he told me he didn't know if I'd help his family which I did do several times. I was nice to Kenny for most of the game and he still didn't want to come at first. I've only done one playthrough, but it seems like you have to constantly agree with him on everything he says and does in order for him to want to help you.

It just takes four magic words to get him to come with you if he seems to be on the fence about it. He joined me without question, but if he doesn't outright hate you you can still get him to come. It's weird how they track this stuff and how they implement it.

Add Comment