User Avatar Image

Ben's stupidity saved the group.

posted by DreadMagus on - last edited - Viewed by 551 users

Thanks to a bug, I was forced to replay episodes 1 to 3 before tackling number 4.

This, while annoying at the time, allowed me to view the episodes back to back and pick up on things I missed before.

In episode 2, the RV wasn't ready... but in episode 3 it was....

The time between those episodes, Ben had delayed the bandits with his secret deal....

So while an argument might be made that he was responsible for the attack.....if he hadn't done what he did.. they might have attacked before the RV was ready and the casualties might have been higher... or all of them.

So as much as it pains me to say it... I think the kid may have saved the group. (even if it was accidentally)

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well there are so many what if scenarios it's kinda' hard to know.. I personally never really thought of it as his fault that Carley, Duck and Katjaa died. There are so many things that happen indirectly in the TWD universe it's not really fair to blame it on someone.

But yes, I've pointed out and realized this before. His fuck up might of been bad, but it could of been even worse if he didn't fuck up.

• He could have swapped the labels and poisoned the bandits too.

• You're giving him too much credit. :p

• @Alanz said: Well there are so many what if scenarios it's kinda' hard to know.. I personally never really thought of it as his fault that Carley, Duck and Katjaa died. There are so many things that happen indirectly in the TWD universe it's not really fair to blame it on someone.

But yes, I've pointed out and realized this before. His fuck up might of been bad, but it could of been even worse if he didn't fuck up.

The funny thing is, I "was" one of the people who hated on Ben for killing the group..... I feel rather foolish now.

All of those people just saying he was only a dumb kid.... I have to admit, they were right.

• @Chris-Sabian said: He could have swapped the labels and poisoned the bandits too.

Knowing him, if he'd tried to do that he would have accidentally poisoned the group.

• I do not blame him anymore, but IF he were a little smarter, he would tell Lee, and MAYBE no one would die.

• But I still don't understand why he didin't tell about the bandits to the group. If Ben had told them that he steeling medicine, Kenny would repaired the RV quicker and the whole group would prepared for the bandits attack. I don't think that Ben done something useful for the group. But who knows maybe Ben will prove himself in ep 5 by helping Lee to find Clem.

• He was a scared kid. I don't think it was any more complex than that.

Have you ever known a scared kid to fess up to anything?

• He was scared yeah.

He was on the watch when the bandits attacked. Even though he was on top of the RV with a rifle and a scope on it, he didn’t shoot and got rounded up like the others.

Knowing him, if he'd tried to do that he would have accidentally poisoned the group.

True, lol.

It would have been hard for him to admit to Lee that Clementine died because of him improperly swapping drugs.

• @DreadMagus said: He was a scared kid. I don't think it was any more complex than that.

Have you ever known a scared kid to fess up to anything?

Ofcourse he was scared, everyone would be scared in zombie apocalipse. But more than that he was plainly stupid.

Add Comment