User Avatar Image

Season 2's character...

posted by ITIATT on - last edited - Viewed by 637 users

I know this season is not over and should maybe not jump the gun, but do you think we will play as someone from the current group or another random guy with all new characters? If you could skip ahead a few years ( I know they said they couldn't because they dont know where the walking dead universe would be then.) but if they found a way to. I think you should play as an older Clementine.

I know im obviously not the first to suggest it, but I think it would make the most sense. I feel like clem has seen all your actions and she takes that into how she would probably deal with things in the future. So in my opinion it would make sense since she got the way she handles things from lee. ( telltale stated they didn't want a main character where you had to learn a lot of their past from.)

My last opinion is I feel like they need to at least include characters from this season to make the other feel connected. OH AND ONE MORE....would someone please quickly chop Lee's arm off....HURRY...thanks.

What are your opinions? you don't have to agree with mine.

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Yertos said: Game ends with Kenny and Clem sailing away into the sunset/sunrise. Season 2 you play as Clem 5-10 years later in a new group of survivors along with Kenny, but Kenny dies the first episode.

I would rather have her be alone or god forbid, with Ben, then with that bastard Kenny.

But in all seriousness, they seem to be setting up either Omid and Christa, or those cancer survivors as being Clem's next caretakers. I mean, that's assuming that they don't do something completely insane like bring back her parents or kill her off.

• I'm quite partial to our current characters, thank you. I hope that they return in season 2.

• @dubesor said: Tbh I wouldn't wanna play a female protagonist.. I just imagined if I were playing Carley and a man hitting on me in EP3... eww. Naw it would kill a lot for me. Also I want to be the one saving people etc... I don't wanna be some beast-women.

I am totally against playing a female in these type of games and I highly doubt it would be a wise marketing strategy as the huge majority of players are still male.

i agree with u on not wanting to play as a female but i do think u were a little sexiest but i think that ur right on alot of the players are male but the best option is opicking ur gender or just male

• I wouldn't mind having Kenny as the protagonist for season 2 (maybe with Omid, Christa, and Clem tagging along for the ride). He's already a well developed character in season one, so it'd be interesting to see his story expanded. Plus in my playthrough, he's my best bud. :P

• Looks like it'll be Molly.

The developers had said there was a character they are excited to introduce us to in Ep. 4 which was obviously Molly. Why say that if she's only sticking around for 1 episode?

They've fleshed her out and have given her too much back story and general competence to never return to the character again. Besides, regardless of your choice, we never see her die.

A playable Clem wouldn't work. Making decisions/choices as a child would be boring and too limiting, and an older Clem would require a shift in the story by several years, beyond the time line of the comic even which I doubt TellTale will be given the creative freedom to do.

• Why do people keep wanting to play as Clem? Do you guys really think your gonna have fun playing as a little girl in a ZA? I know I wouldn't. Since we know Lee aint gonna make it, I hope we get a new set of survivors and a new (male) Protagonist. And maybe have whoever survives the group, make appearances in S2. Maybe even have the player character some how meet with Clem if her parents are dead.

• I want a new crew... but add Molly.

• As someone on Team Kenny, I think playing as Kenny for season 2 would be TERRIBLE. We already know what he's like, and making choices based on what the player wants may be different from what Kenny actually wants. Lee works well for this since we jumped into his skin at the start of the apocalypse and got to dictate his personality from there on out, while Kenny already HAS a personality. Couple that with the fact that many people didn't side with Kenny and hate him, TTG would see a huge drop in sales if they went with Kenny as the player character in Season 2.

• @Rock114 said: As someone on Team Kenny, I think playing as Kenny for season 2 would be TERRIBLE. We already know what he's like, and making choices based on what the player wants may be different from what Kenny actually wants. Lee works well for this since we jumped into his skin at the start of the apocalypse and got to dictate his personality from there on out, while Kenny already HAS a personality. Couple that with the fact that many people didn't side with Kenny and hate him, TTG would see a huge drop in sales if they went with Kenny as the player character in Season 2.

Agreed. I think a new set of survivors and protagonist will be good.

• @thespanner said: Looks like it'll be Molly.

The developers had said there was a character they are excited to introduce us to in Ep. 4 which was obviously Molly. Why say that if she's only sticking around for 1 episode?

They've fleshed her out and have given her too much back story and general competence to never return to the character again. Besides, regardless of your choice, we never see her die.

A playable Clem wouldn't work. Making decisions/choices as a child would be boring and too limiting, and an older Clem would require a shift in the story by several years, beyond the time line of the comic even which I doubt TellTale will be given the creative freedom to do.

Regardless as to whether or not Molly had a good back story it is impossible for her to be the protagonist of the next season as she can die in episode 4 should you leave Clemintine in the house and fail to save her from the walker (although if you look into the wiki on the walking dead it does state that it is unknown as to whether or not she survived the walkers grouping around her.

Add Comment