User Avatar Image

Taking all of Kenny's bullshit emotionally paid off for me

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Here's what I've done for Kenny
    Saved his boy from walkers.
    Was going to beat Larry up.
    Feed Duck every time I could.
    Was against staying put at the motel in.
    Saved Duck and Katjaa from walkers.
    Talked him into stopping the train, told him we were buddies.

After all that, he tells me pretty much to fuck off, all because I saved Ben and didn't want to kill Larry.

Yeah, I'm the jerk O:

• @Rock114 said: It just takes four magic words to get him to come with you if he seems to be on the fence about it. He joined me without question, but if he doesn't outright hate you you can still get him to come. It's weird how they track this stuff and how they implement it.

I was able to talk him into coming with me, but after everything that's happened I was hoping he'd just come without question. I didn't have to talk anyone else into coming along (everyone is coming with me), but the guy who's been there from the beginning and who's family I helped numerous times was skeptical.

• @StanleyStutters said: I was able to talk him into coming with me, but after everything that's happened I was hoping he'd just come without question. I didn't have to talk anyone else into coming along (everyone is coming with me), but the guy who's been there from the beginning and who's family I helped numerous times was skeptical.

Yeah it's crazy, I can count all the times I've saved his family, then when its his turn to help me save Clementine. :mad:

I told him I was a friend, which I thought we were. Kenny has just been using me :c

• Yeah, that's pretty messed up...

Get Omid some meds and then he and Christa practically force themselves into the group....

Treat Ben like an adult and he's there with you.

Help Kenny more than anyone else and he punks out on you..... W - T - F

• @Acadias said: After all that, he tells me pretty much to fuck off, all because I saved Ben and didn't want to kill Larry.

Kenny likely believes to the very core of his being that if Larry had not been "killed" he would have rose up to kill all of them. Thus leaving his family to the St. Johns. If I had such a core belief as that. I'd be a bit pissed off as well. No matter how long ago it was.

I'd see it as someone trying to interfere with me being able to protect and look after my family. And ere'body knows dats wot Kenny is all 'bout.

• The hints were always there,Kenny's a user not a giver...

• Considering I sided with/agreed with Kenny in every dialoge option that wasn't about murdering people he didn't like and he still was against me, I'm going to continue with "screw him" sure if you had his back 100% of the way he's with you, but when 99% of the way isn't enough, that's a sign that person deserves to die.

• kenny was right about killing lillys dad, being trapped in a room with that massive zombie it was a 50/50 if he was dead or not and with clemantine in the the room i couldnt take that chance i agrred with kenny he had to die, and beyond that he was harming the group also so that 50/50 chance made it a 60/40 i should kill him, the only thing i kinda disagreed on was not taking the mercy shot on the woman in the street, she was terrified anjd already bitten i had to put her out of her misery not be eaten alive. kenny is a good guy and he joined me with the rest of the group in the end, he knows what is needed to be done, that means alot in this zombie apocalypse

• @Gman5852 said: Considering I sided with/agreed with Kenny in every dialoge option that wasn't about murdering people he didn't like and he still was against me, I'm going to continue with "screw him" sure if you had his back 100% of the way he's with you, but when 99% of the way isn't enough, that's a sign that person deserves to die.

This.

There's something very wrong with Kenny.

Looking back, it was obvious he didn't want to help Lee/Clem at Hershal's farm... if not for Kat, he might have left them. Despite the fact he offered the ride initially.

I don't know if he deserves to die though, but he definitely deserves to walk alone.

• That's a bit of a stretch:
    *He gave you a ride to Macon
    *Invited you on to "his" boat.
    *Saved your life when LARRY knocked yo ass out
    *Looked into the cannibal St. Johns situation
    *Saved the group by killing pre-zombie Larry
    *Saved yo ass again in the drugstore
    *Fixed the RV and shit.
    etc etc

Don't be fooled. Kenny is the seconday hero. And a true survivalist.
    Alot more than others have done.

Add Comment