User Avatar Image

Taking all of Kenny's bullshit emotionally paid off for me

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 464 users

I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Let's see...

-Doesn't move to help you when the St Johns are about to kill you
    -Doesn't move to help you when you're trapped under a door
    -Whine's constantly about not staying on your knees for him
    -Doesn't really "help" unless Kat presses the issue.

• Throwing away a friend because he disagrees with killing a father in front of his daughter or letting a boy drop to his death, is a very jerk ass move.

A friend who's been there for you for everything, even saving your family's life
    that man is a true friend, and just because you two have a different views on how things should be handled, doesn't make him your enemy.

Now when you really need Kenny after you two have been through thick and thin, he completely drops the ball, this isn't Lee asking him to kill a person this is Lee asking a friend to help him save a little girl.

Also I just noticed Lee and Me are interchangeable

• @LokiHavok said:
    *He gave you a ride to Macon

Because he got us kicked out of Hershal's farm when he got Shaun killed.

*Invited you on to "his" boat.

Because Clem is a friend of Duck.

*Looked into the cannibal St. Johns situation

Saying "Hey Lee, look into the St. Johns situation" followed by racist remarks isn't exactly "looking into the situation"

*Saved the group by killing pre-zombie Larry

POSSIBLY saved the group. At the same time it was equally possible he screwed the group over by murdering Larry which then caused Lilly to snap and murder Carly/Doug.

*Saved yo ass again in the drugstore

He never once saved me. In fact he left me to die.

*Fixed the RV and shit.

So HE and his family could leave the group and nothing more. Besides that, it broke down for me and DOUG had to fix it DURING the bandit raid.

Yep, he was really helpful. Right up there with Carley :p

• If you help kill Larry, Kenny is the one to save you when you attack Danny, and he also helps you out when the door falls on you. Lilly also fails to help you when Andy's trying to fry your face, but you get out of there on your own.

I was with Kenny pretty much all the time (I was on-and-off when it came to resting or finding a boat, I think, but other than that...), and he came with me without a second thought. Heartwarming.

POSSIBLY saved the group. At the same time it was equally possible he screwed the group over by murdering Larry which then caused Lilly to snap and murder Carly/Doug.

Can we just blame Lilly for killing Carley/Doug, please? Yeah, you can go back and say "Well, if this character hadn't done X, then Lilly wouldn't have done this", but if that's the case, then I blame everything on that cop in the beginning of the game. What it boils down to is, Lilly shot and killed someone, regardless of input from the rest of the group, because she was suspicious that someone had stolen supplies (or because Carley called her a bitch).

• Wow, so the price for Kenny's help is to murder Larry... good to know that's more important than saving Duck, feeding Duck, defending Duck... etc... etc....

• Lilly doesn't help you if you hold her back while Kenny kills her father in front of her face.

Kenny doesn't help you if you don't hold her back so he can kill Larry.

Now you tell me which one is more reasonable?

In my head I even forgive him for not helping me on the farm, I didn't hold a grudge against him for it
    My hate for Kenny is from him not helping me save Clementine, that's more hurtful then him not saving me.
    Leave me for dead alright, I can forgive you for doing it twice! Don't help me find Clementine from a crazy man? I hate you forever.

• @Acadias said: Now you tell me which one is more reasonable?

I didn't say which one was more reasonable, I was just saying that's what happens.

However, in Kenny's mind, Larry is as good as turned. Was Larry really dead? We don't know (his moving mouth could be reanimation or breathing...Not that CPR could realistically help the guy at that point). But if Larry turns, then Kenny, Lilly, Lee and Clem are screwed, which means that Katjaa and Duck would be left to the St. Johns. In Kenny's mind, if you try and help Larry you're ready to let that happen.

I'm not saying I agree with Kenny wholeheartedly, but I at least somewhat understand where he's coming from.

• I can't call Kenny a friend anymore simple as that, he left me in my time in need.
    He left me to die twice and I still wanted to be his buddy, but not coming with me to save Clementine and having the nerve to tell me I was selfish, we are no longer bros :c

There is no way to justify it at all either, Breaking Omid legs and the both still wanted to come. We only knew them for a day! Ben treat him kindly he will come, less then 2 weeks I've known him.

Kenny the man I've been with for 3 months won't come

3 months of us looking out for each other, and he throws it away.

• I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

He wont say that if you tried to save larry, and it pissed me off because of all the help i gave him and his family..

• Kenny and I are bros. I helped him and now he helps me. He's a good guy.

Add Comment