User Avatar Image

What did you do about zombie boy in the beginning?

posted by EvE on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

What was the best option in your opinion? Cause I shot this kid. I just couldn't leave him there as a zombie, cause look, when Lee will turn... well, I would like somebody to kill him too, in that case. It's better to be dead than living dead. And well, I couldn't ask Kenny to shoot this kid after what happened to his son.
I was suprised that only 20% of players killed this child.
What about other options then? Will Kenny shoot him if you choose this option? And what if you just leave him? I guess he'll die anyway somehow, and burying scene is inevitable. I'm just curious what happen if you choose something else than kill him by yourself. and what about stats in other cases.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I let kenny kill him, becuase I think it gave him a sence of closure, that he had to realise the world we lived in and what was neccesary, i killed duck for him, a farther shoudlnt have to do that, but a kid that looks like duck after i killed the first one, I have to give him the gun to show him he had the strength to do it, but didnt actually have to kill duck and for him to realise killing duck regadrless who did it was an act of mercy. As he did with this child. i think it was the best option

• @magodesky said: That's out-of-character knowledge though. Personally, I don't like that kind of metagaming. I try to make choices based on Lee's perspective.

I thought it was more that he couldn't bring himself to kill the kid because it reminded him of Duck than being guilty about Lee killing Duck for him. It's not like Kenny is the sort of person who has trouble making the "tough decisions." Even when the "tough decisions" aren't really necessary. I mean, he dropped a salt lick on Larry's head for crying out loud. But he just lost his family, what? One or two days before? So I didn't feel like I needed to toughen him up or that it was time for some tough love. The guy just needs some time.

I probably would have done it for him, until he said "I couldn't kill Duck, and I can't do this now" or something like that. If it had only been the resemblance that made him not want to do it, I would've done it for him but it seemed like he was ashamed of himself for not shooting Duck himself. If he's the one that shot Duck, he says "I can't go through this again" which seems like a cue for Lee to do it for him. It seems that Lee should shoot one while Kenny shoots the other to me.

• In my good-guy-Lee play through I killed him myself with the tool (to avoid noise). I also had killed Duck myself so that Kenny wouldn't have to.

In my a-hole-Lee play through, in which I had made Kenny shoot his son, I
    gave him the gun to f him up since it would be like reliving the thing. And the game said to me "You helped Kenny"

I was wtf? How am I helping Kenny?

I mean I know that Lee says some things when giving him the gun, but a manipulating sob could have done the same thing in order to make him do it.

Anyway... what happens if you say to leave to boy as is? Is it a real option or does Kenny object and we're back to who's gonna kill him?

• I stepped on him. I didn't want to risk the noise from a bullet and honestly didn't see the option for the blunt weapon. I don't regret my decision though, the events of the previous episodes have changed the way I make my choices and I feel more emotionless about them. That's why I dropped Ben as well, I will admit the killing scene afterwards and the burial was quite harrowing though and wasn't nice to watch but unfortunately you get scenes like that in the apocalypse

• I let Kenny kill him, because he needed to learn to get back on his feet, and protect others when needed, and not break down into a weird state whenever he sees a zombie kid.

• I bashed little Bobby McSkellingtons head in like it was a canteloupe.

• @magodesky said: As far as the kid's suffering is concerned, again, he's already dead. What's left isn't really a person. Everything that made it human is gone.

We don't actually know that. For all we know, when people turn into zombies they may be fully aware of everything they're doing, but unable to do anything about it.

I'm not saying that's what happens, but we simply don't know, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, for everyone saying "I didn't want to waste ammo", I think it's pretty obvious now that we're never going to run out of ammo, and if we do, the outcome of something won't hang on the balance of a single bullet.

• You don't just 'turn into' a zombie. You have to die, so pretty sure they're dead.

• I shot Duck & I shot the boy. I couldn't ask Kenny to do that stuff even though he's been a douche towards me. I wanted to protect him emotionally, I suppose.

• @craftyard said: We don't actually know that. For all we know, when people turn into zombies they may be fully aware of everything they're doing, but unable to do anything about it.

I'm not saying that's what happens, but we simply don't know, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, for everyone saying "I didn't want to waste ammo", I think it's pretty obvious now that we're never going to run out of ammo, and if we do, the outcome of something won't hang on the balance of a single bullet.

I tend to assume there isn't infinite ammunition, just as a matter of course. There's also the noise when we had just escaped from the zombies in the street, so there's that.

We've also already seen a case where a single round could've made a difference with Carley in Ep. 1; she runs out when the zombie grabs her leg. One more round of ammunition (which, incidentally was used by Irene at the motor inn) and Carley could've killed that walker to get to the extra ammo in her purse herself, which means that Doug could've survived since Carley wouldn't have needed anyone to rescue her.

Add Comment