User Avatar Image

(The walking dead) Game save problems for xbox360

posted by An7thony23 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

Heyy guys..I'm a huge fan of the walking dead and i love the walking dead game to death and i had no problems at all with it untill yesterday..I don't know what's wrong but Whenever I try picking a different save it just takes me back to save 2..I tried copying my saves and putting them to save 2 but it still didn't work..then I was forced to delete the game and redownload it to see if that worked and it didn't...I lost all 3 of my saves and it still won't let me start another playthrough..I can only do save 2..very disappointed..and my achievements aren't showing up either..I completed episode 4 and got them but they aren't showing up..it says I got 24 out of 32..so yeah fix this telltale please...I've allways supported you guys..please don't make me regret that..

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have the exact damn problem and it's annoying as hell. I wouldn't even care if they delayed the game another month or so just fix whats already available.

• I have this same issue on 360. There is however one thing that happened to me that was very odd regarding this. When I first downloaded episode 4 on the release date, I immediately had this issue. I noticed it was showing scenes from a totally different playthrough than the one I had just clicked on. I caught onto this during the 'previously on the walking dead' bits, so I just kept going back to the main menu, kept trying again and again, going back to xbox dashboard, and then back to the game. I was eventually able to get to the playthrough that I wanted to start. I'm still not sure why it worked, it simply did. Unfortunately, eventually the problem returned after I finished that particular playthrough and tried playing my 2nd one, only now, there is no fixing it, there is simply no way to access it normatter what I try.

Could it be that as time has gone on after downloading ep 4 that the problems are getting worse? Latest playthrough was full of glitches and freezes that I certainly never had before.

• Same here, only one save works.:(

• same here, no access to saves, only save 3 is available, saves contains the wrong (not my!!!) decisions in episode 2 and 3.

• same here, you know what the funny thing is, PSN had a problem with corrupted files and telltale had a moderater on it and a patch released in a few days....we had it the same amount of time and they havent done shit, thanks telltale for wasting my time and money for something i cant finish

• @Corp Harland said: I have this same issue on 360. There is however one thing that happened to me that was very odd regarding this. When I first downloaded episode 4 on the release date, I immediately had this issue. I noticed it was showing scenes from a totally different playthrough than the one I had just clicked on. I caught onto this during the 'previously on the walking dead' bits, so I just kept going back to the main menu, kept trying again and again, going back to xbox dashboard, and then back to the game. I was eventually able to get to the playthrough that I wanted to start. I'm still not sure why it worked, it simply did. Unfortunately, eventually the problem returned after I finished that particular playthrough and tried playing my 2nd one, only now, there is no fixing it, there is simply no way to access it normatter what I try.

Could it be that as time has gone on after downloading ep 4 that the problems are getting worse? Latest playthrough was full of glitches and freezes that I certainly never had before.

thats the same problem i was havin also but now the other save i want 2 play just keeps asking me if i wanna make random choice since i havent played it prev when i kno i hav

• yeah i just dont know what to do. i tried everything...telltale needs to fix this soon...my girlfriend loves the game too and she liked bitched me out cause she thought i deleted her save on purpose lol i explained to her about what happened and stuff and now she doesnt want anything to do with telltale..shes just gonna stick to the show lol.. so yeah telltale i almost got murdered cause of this bug..FIX IT!

• I love the walking dead to death but after this bullshit i wont be buying another episode or anything from telltale games again unless they fix this and give me back my saves. I dont want to have to replay the whole game again that would be bullshit. Whoever didnt catch this bug should be fired then tarred and feathered. No one should buy a single thing from this company again. Forget them. They're corrupt and just want your money, they dont care about the gamers or they wouldnt have let this happen.

• @Zombieatemyxbox said: I love the walking dead to death but after this bullshit i wont be buying another episode or anything from telltale games again unless they fix this and give me back my saves. I dont want to have to replay the whole game again that would be bullshit. Whoever didnt catch this bug should be fired then tarred and feathered. No one should buy a single thing from this company again. Forget them. They're corrupt and just want your money, they dont care about the gamers or they wouldnt have let this happen.

yeah i agree with you 100 percent. when i was forced to delete my saves and start over i actually played through it all again and guess what...it got corrupted again..lol this shit is getting old and annoying ive wasted hours of my life playing this when i could have used those hours to spend time with my fiance...but theres one time i dont get..why the hell did the ps3 get a patch like a few days after the bug and us xbox users havent got shit..

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

We are aware of this issue and working on a solution. In the meantime, please check the sticked thread here in this forum regarding this issue. It can be found HERE and contains a workaround to regain the use of your other save slots.

Add Comment