User Avatar Image

Taking all of Kenny's bullshit emotionally paid off for me

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I did another playthrough were I would always choose the lines that support Kenny, his family, his plans, etc. Helped duck, stood up to Lilly and Larry, fed his family and left Lilly behind like he asked. Gave him the courage to help his son move on which helped him do the same to the boy in the attic.

At the very end when no one else would come with me; the speech he gave me about how I always had his back even when he wasn't sure he was right, how I've been a true friend and that Clem and I are family to him and he'd stay with us to the very end pulled my heart strings. He even gave Christa and Omid the boat if we're not back by nightfall, his entire plan and reason to come here and he gives it up for Clem and I. He's a true friend if you can just understand the guy and forgive his bigger problems.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Acadias said:

3 months of us looking out for each other, and he throws it away.

Nailed it.

Screw Kenny.

• @Acadias said: Nah, I've been friends with him and the only thing we really had a disagreement about was Larry, everything between us was cool. I helped him emotionally after his family died and I tried to be a good friend.

Clementine gets kidnapped, "Hey you never looked out for my family, screw finding that little girl D:<"

If he can still be angry over something like that after you had been a good friend to him, then he can go screw himself.

"What has she done for me" about Molly I think

He's the kinda of friend who keeps track of what you've done for him only.

I did kinda the same options as you, disagreed with him about Larry, I even beat him in the train. At first he would not help, but I easily convinced him otherwise. This option did not appeared for you?

• @MaverickHunter said: I did kinda the same options as you, disagreed with him about Larry, I even beat him in the train. At first he would not help, but I easily convinced him otherwise. This option did not appeared for you?

Nope I asked him as a friend please come with me, I'm not going to rewind so he can come. My Kenny used me :c

• @Acadias said: Nope I asked him as a friend please come with me, I'm not going to rewind so he can come. My Kenny used me :c

You was pretty selfish. The guy was mentally unstable for a while (obsessed with the boat), understandably so. Would not hurt to convince him.

• @MaverickHunter said: You was pretty selfish. The guy was mentally unstable for a while (obsessed with the boat), understandably so. Would not hurt to convince him.

For a while? I'm his best friend and I still think he's mentally unstable. Has been ever since the clearing, and the only reason he seems cool now is because we have a boat. If anything happened to the boat, he'd probably commit suicide.

• LOL... it's even funnier because he looks wasted. lol

• @DreadMagus said: Let's see...

-Doesn't move to help you when the St Johns are about to kill you
    -Doesn't move to help you when you're trapped under a door
    -Whine's constantly about not staying on your knees for him
    -Doesn't really "help" unless Kat presses the issue.

- Drops you twice when pulling you up. I am absolutely sure he's doing it on purpose. Even Molly pulls you up without much effort.

Gary Whitta, are you a Lilly supporter? :D

• I still dont understand why kenny didnt immediately want to help me. I sided with him EVERY time except for leaving ben, and he says i am selfish. I still got him to come with me, but why? Oh well. we are still buds. :)

Add Comment