User Avatar Image

Well, who do you think it is, then?

posted by aguyuno on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm pretty confident in my vote... But then, the guy DOES have a hickish accent. So I have no idea.

Edit: The poll is about who the walkie talkie guy is. I can't believe I seriously had to explain this.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Thadeum said:
    True, but the fact he has no radio is more a hint he is not the radio man than a hint he is.

All we get is a shadowy glimpse of the guy. How do you know he doesn't have the radio?

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

@BlankCanvasDJ said: All we get is a shadowy glimpse of the guy. How do you know he doesn't have the radio?

Because the textures files have been analyzed and reviewed, and the radio is an item that shows on characters when they hold it. Even on the shadowy pictures you see he has no radio.

• User Avatar Image
    EvE

@Thadeum said: This guy is campman, a survivor from a camp of survivors, and is not related to Clem's abduction. He is NOT the radio guy.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36091

You know, now when I'm thinking about it... I have to admit that you're right (probably, cause in The Walking dead we can't be sure of anything in 100% ;p ). but it would be just too easy, I guess most of the people first thought about this 'shadow man' was "omg, it's our radio guy!" so that's why Telltale is going to suprise us about that ;]

• @Thadeum said: It does not seem very plausible. Now Campman is running away from Lee to get him into a trap? You forgot there is a fence between them.

Considering your nickname, this does not surprise me either :)

If you examine the files you have a better idea of how people are named and how the whole game is being developed. This makes me highly confident in the idea they are two different persons. Now, are they multiple people working to trap Lee? Maybe ;-)

We did not see their camp, we don't know if they had one. And as bandits they behaved like bandits. Campman behaved like a scared person.

True, but the fact he has no radio is more a hint he is not the radio man than a hint he is.

Let's take all the facts here, there is 1 chance over 2 he is the radio guy. If I had to chose from what we know so far, I would chose he is NOT the radio man.

In fact there is absolutely NOTHING that supports he is the radio man, while there are many facts that tend to show the opposite.

1.) Again, a direct confrontation is never the best way to either kill someone or trap them. Luring someone onto your terms is always the best way to do it.

2.) Bandits kidnapped Jolene's daughter. Campman didn't scream in horror. He ran. You can run for a number of reasons (including tactical retreats), assuming that he was scared is just that assuming...

3.) There really is no evidence against him being radio man. You've got a lot of intuition, but that isn't evidence. He knew where the group was when they went to the house after the fact. Radioman knew that the group was in the streets near the church when the bell rang. Are you honestly telling me that a random person stumbled upon the group and just ran? Further why would TTG introduce a completely random character and have him just run away and never see him. I could, however, see that guy being the father in that family.

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

@EvE said: You know, now when I'm thinking about it... I have to admit that you're right (probably, cause in The Walking dead we can't be sure of anything in 100% ;p ). but it would be just too easy, I guess most of the people first thought about this 'shadow man' was "omg, it's our radio guy!" so that's why Telltale is going to suprise us about that ;]

Most people assumed that, and I did too :-) Until I went on a quest to know more, then after anaylizing deeply the data at disposal... Well, it did not seem to make sense after all.

Nice try TellTale :D

• @Thadeum said: Because the textures files have been analyzed and reviewed, and the radio is an item that shows on characters when they hold it. Even on the shadowy pictures you see he has no radio.

No, you see that he's not holding it in his hand. But the guy has at least six pockets and a jacket covering his waist. He could still have the radio.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: No, you see that he's not holding it in his hand. But the guy has at least six pockets and a jacket covering his waist. He could still have the radio.

or in his backpack :P

• @skepticalguy90 said: or in his backpack :P

Or back at his hideout.

Even Lee, who we know has a radio, isn't seen to be carrying it around all the time.

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

@skepticalguy90 said:
    He knew where the group was when they went to the house after the fact. Radioman knew that the group was in the streets near the church when the bell rang. Are you honestly telling me that a random person stumbled upon the group and just ran? Further why would TTG introduce a completely random character and have him just run away and never see him. I could, however, see that guy being the father in that family.

Actually, there is a sequence in which you can guess where Clem saw the RadioMan. It's at the beginning of the game. Then she goes for the radio. You can see where RadioMan was hidden to watch you.

The man is not random. He is a key character of episode 5, because he is CampMan, the man from the camp. TellTale did not name him RandomGuy, but CampMan. I never said he was random, in fact I strongly link him to the plot with a camp of survivors. I even think (speculation) that the whole boat story will never happen. The boat is a lie.

The key was not to have the story around RadioMan/CampMan so far, but around the Crawford's events, Vernon's group, and the boat.

• @Thadeum said: Actually, there is a sequence when you can guess where Clem saw the RadioMan. It's at the beginning of the game. Then she goes for the radio. You can see where RadioMan was hidden to watch you.

The man is not random. He is a key character of episode 5, because he is CampMan, the man from the camp. TellTale did not name him RandomGuy, but CampMan. I never said he was random.

The key was not to have the story around RadioMan/CampMan so far, but around the Crawford's events, Vernon's group, and the boat.

Or she is trying to get in contact with radio man to try to find her parents (for further instructions or whatever). My point with radio man hiding is that since he knows where you are in the street (is watching most likely), he can very easily find where you are at the house.

My point with the random guy at the fence is that the likelihood of a random person finding the exact house where the group is, is far less likely than the guy that has been stalking them.

What I'm most interested in is how you figured out that "camp man" isn't the radio man? Was there something that you discovered that dictated that or is it just conjecture?

Add Comment