User Avatar Image

Well, who do you think it is, then?

posted by aguyuno on - last edited - Viewed by 559 users

I'm pretty confident in my vote... But then, the guy DOES have a hickish accent. So I have no idea.

Edit: The poll is about who the walkie talkie guy is. I can't believe I seriously had to explain this.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @skepticalguy90 said:
    My point with the random guy at the fence is that the likelihood of a random person finding the exact house where the group is, is far less likely than the guy that has been stalking them.



    Why not a random encounter? That could explain why he seemed scared of Lee. There is no reason for Radio Guy to come unarmed at the fence, show himself, and run away. To put Lee in a trap? To hope that Lee will jump over the fence and run after him? That does not make a lot of sense.

    In the same way, the likelihood of a random Molly finding the exact location of Lee and Kenny is low, and the likelihood of a random you finding the exact location of a camp of cancer survivors under the hospital is very low too.

    Still, both happened...

    @skepticalguy90 said:
    What I'm most interested in is how you figured out that "camp man" isn't the radio man? Was there something that you discovered that dictated that or is it just conjecture?

    Because the game files with CampMan designate the guy as CampMan, while game files with the Radio Voice designate the radio man as "RadioVoice". You can say "oh wait, maybe they put two different names on the same person" but let me assure you they did not, because everything is very well sorted in their game files, and I never saw such a thing for any other character.

  • @Thadeum said: Why not a random encounter? That could explain why he seemed scared of Lee. There is no reason for Radio Guy to come unarmed at the fence, show himself, and run away. To put Lee in a trap? To hope that Lee will jump over the fence and run after him? That does not make a lot of sense.

    In the same way, the likelihood of a random Molly finding the exact location of Lee and Kenny is low, and the likelihood of a random you finding the exact location of a camp of cancer survivors under the hospital is very low too.

    Still, both happened...



    Because the game files with CampMan designate the guy as CampMan, while game files with the Radio Voice designate the radio man as "RadioVoice". You can say "oh wait, maybe they put two different names on the same person" but let me assure you they did not, because everything is very well sorted in their game files, and I never saw such a thing for any other character.



    Or he was scouting Lee and the group out. Again, it was one guy against how many other people from the group? 4-5 able bodied people. I'm not sure what his motives were

    On Molly, I'll agree the chances that they find her are remote. But that doesn't mean that the other person must also be a random person that found the group's base.

    Okay, I'll present it to you like this, which of these scenarios do you find more probable?

    1.) A random man is walking around the streets of savannah (possibly scavenging) and happens upon another group of survivors. He sees the man burying a young boy, and runs away in fear.

    2.) A stalker is watching the group from a distance, sees where they enter a house and approaches the fence to get a closer look/scouting them out further. He gets spotted by one of the members of the group and runs.

    I'm not saying camp man can't be some random guy who found them, but it seems far more probable for it to be the stalker than some random guy.

    You're entitled to believe what you want and I can respect that. However, camp man vs. radio voice and your assurances aren't really convincing me that the two aren't one in the same.

  • @skepticalguy90 said: Or he was scouting Lee and the group out. Again, it was one guy against how many other people from the group? 4-5 able bodied people. I'm not sure what his motives were

    On Molly, I'll agree the chances that they find her are remote. But that doesn't mean that the other person must also be a random person that found the group's base.

    Okay, I'll present it to you like this, which of these scenarios do you find more probable?

    1.) A random man is walking around the streets of savannah (possibly scavenging) and happens upon another group of survivors. He sees the man burying a young boy, and runs away in fear.

    2.) A stalker is watching the group from a distance, sees where they enter a house and approaches the fence to get a closer look/scouting them out further. He gets spotted by one of the members of the group and runs.

    I'm not saying camp man can't be some random guy who found them, but it seems far more probable for it to be the stalker than some random guy.

    You're entitled to believe what you want and I can respect that. However, camp man vs. radio voice and your assurances aren't really convincing me that the two aren't one in the same.



    Scenario 1 seems more probable after investigation, sorry :D

    Okay, I'll present it to you like this, which of these scenarios do you find more probable?

    1) TellTalle shows you the radio voice man at the fence, because it's their pleasure to do so, and in a way that makes him look really hostile, so on the next episode you have no surprise to meet him again as the radio man, and you are ready to fight him off.

    2) TellTale shows you a guy, and makes it in a way you believe he is the radio man, because you know you are stalked. Then on the next episode they deceive your expectations, the guy is in fact a survivor from a camp of survivors (proven fact), you are introduced to new people, and what you thought obvious was absolutely not.

  • The black guy. Duh!

    They are responsible for everything that goes wrong.


    I think it's the owner of the Car full of goods in ep. 2.

    His family more than likely starved and this is his way of getting revenge. We never heard anything more of the car choice, it had little effect.

    I back this claim up by saying the radio did not become active until ep. 3 when we see clem talking into it during the "detective" scene.

    I also bring into evidence the fact that the car had a small hoodie in it that as Katjaa said "Looks like it fits clem's size"

    That is plenty of motive and evidence to believe that the owner of the car is the person on the radio and he is trying to get revenge on the group that stole all his supplies and as a result caused the death of his family.

    So as a result the ending will be altered greatly by the fact of if the player decided to loot the car or not.

  • Since actual model is mostly black. It could be that past choices affect that who the story's final villain ends up to be. There is many ways to manipulate the voice. However more likely it is the "supreme leader."

  • @Thadeum said: Scenario 1 seems more probable after investigation, sorry :D

    Okay, I'll present it to you like this, which of these scenarios do you find more probable?

    1) TellTalle shows you the radio voice man at the fence, because it's their pleasure to do so, and in a way that makes him look really hostile, so on the next episode you have no surprise to meet him again as the radio man, and you are ready to fight him off.

    2) TellTale shows you a guy, and makes it in a way you believe he is the radio man, because you know you are stalked. Then on the next episode they deceive your expectations, the guy is in fact a survivor from a camp of survivors (proven fact), you are introduced to new people, and what you thought obvious was absolutely not.



    I'll agree to disagree on this. I respect what you're saying, but I don't think either of us is going to convince the other. Cheers, mate.

  • @Thadeum said: Because the game files with CampMan designate the guy as CampMan, while game files with the Radio Voice designate the radio man as "RadioVoice". You can say "oh wait, maybe they put two different names on the same person" but let me assure you they did not, because everything is very well sorted in their game files, and I never saw such a thing for any other character.



    No other characters have had their identity be part of a mystery.

  • Quoting myself here from another thread:

    @Wydiwyg said: I honestly have no idea who the mysterious man (TMM) could be, everything just seems to be too unlikely.
    The most prominent idea would be the "Person from Lee's past followed the group all the way from the Beginning" theory, right?
    But how did he find him in the first place? TMM would need to have already followed Lee when the world was still normal with Lee on his way to prison and ignore all the zombie madness afterwards to be able to connect him to Clem, he then needed to know about the Walkie Talkie and the fact that it still works, then find another one for himself, the correct frequency and one hell of a fighting spirit, ammo, food and a vehicle for a decent time span (including the 3 months idle at the motor inn), so he could follow Lee from Macon to Savannah and still be multiple steps ahead.
    If we assume that TMM is the dead senator's brother or some other relative who wants some kind of vendetta, then this guy must be about 10 times as tough as the TV series' Daryl and yet he still doesn't take the chance to kill Lee albeit having countless chances to do so.
    It just doesn't add up and I'm kind of afraid that TMM will turn out to be a nonsensical MacGuffin that totally ruins the story. I hope I'm wrong.


    The_Cheshire_Cat's guess (owner of the car with all the food) seems to be as good as any other one, although many players decided not to take the food. It would also leave a pretty big plot hole, since the man was clearly not around when you took the food, so he couldn't know about the Walkie-Talkie.
    I don't know.

  • @Wydiwyg said: Quoting myself here from another thread:



    The_Cheshire_Cat's guess (owner of the car with all the food) seems to be as good as any other one, although many players decided not to take the food. It would also leave a pretty big plot hole, since the man was clearly not around when you took the food, so he couldn't know about the Walkie-Talkie.
    I don't know.



    Ah, but where did the batteries for the walkie talkie come from? From the car.

    So..we can reasonably assume that the stalker had a radio of his own.

    Maybe it was Clem that told him about the food. After all she did talk in it pretending she was talking to her folks.

    She easily could have told the story about the car, and that some of the people in the group took some.

    We dunno at what point the radio became "active" but we for sure know that they were in "contact" since the end of ep.2


    But lets say this. Lets say that Clem did not tell the radio about the car and the food. The man could have easily been hiding in the woods with his family. One can assume that given the situation and having a family to protect that the best course of option is to hide from strangers rather than confront.

  • Well.. Let's say the car owner found a lot of supplies. He most likely took everything he saw, I don't think he would just leave stuff behind. Besides, batteries are useful, not just for radios and Walkie talkies.

Add Comment