User Avatar Image

[TWD] 360 saves corrupted

posted by Shinuzi on - last edited - Viewed by 524 users

First off, I want to say that I have felt extremely let down in terms of support. I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of any communication between me and Telltale "support"

Now the actual problem. My 360 saves are corrupted. My saves no longer have my choices. They all recommend restarting at the first episode with random choices, even though I have beat every episode besides 4.

I don't know how many issues there are with 360 customers. But seeing a stickied thread for just PS3 Users and their save corruption, and that Telltale is communicating ONLY with Sony, infuriates me. This isn't just a PS3 issue, and I feel Telltale is handling all these problems with the poorest of customer service.

Please delete my other thread. I do not believe Telltale will look at it because I didn't put TWD in brackets for the title.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I also have 3 save files. But seeing as you are only addressing PS3 issues, that doesn't really mean much probably.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

I apologize for the problem you are experiencing. You mentioned your choices are not carrying over. Do you have the Title Update installed? Also, have you completed all previous episodes by playing through the credits of each episode?

We are aware of an issue with saves loading from only one slot, is this what you are experiencing?

Alternatively, if you are experiencing data corruption, can you please attach the save corruption message you received?

• @MattP said: I apologize for the problem you are experiencing. You mentioned your choices are not carrying over. Do you have the Title Update installed? Also, have you completed all previous episodes by playing through the credits of each episode?

We are aware of an issue with saves loading from only one slot, is this what you are experiencing?

Alternatively, if you are experiencing data corruption, can you please attach the save corruption message you received?

I have no idea what this "title update" is. I just tried playing The Walking Dead and no update happened and the problem I am having is still persisting. I sat through each of the credits in the game. All the saves start from episode 1. I can select each one, but the option always starts on the 3rd save. I don't have any corruption message.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

We released a title update for the Walking Dead just after Episode 2 became available. You would have been prompted to download and install this update anytime after it's release if you were on xbox live when you started playing the Walking Dead. Clearing your system cache will remove the update, and it would need to be reacquired before playing the game again.

You mentioned that the 3rd save slot is the only one that loads. We are aware of this issue and investigating a solution. However, this save slot should function normally. If episode 1 begins when selecting this slot, and you you had save progress past that point, then it's likely you need to reacquire the title update. Please make sure you are logged into your account and connected to xbox live before launching the game again.

• Every other save can load. Its just when I start the game and go to the continue save files screen, the cursor always starts on the 3rd save spot. I can load all the others just fine, it's just that they all start on episode 1, point blank.

• I'm more than a little worried that telltale doesn't know that this problem exists. It happened to me and it only took me five minutes to Google to figure out there was a problem. Are we really saying that telltale has no idea what's going on with the Xbox 360 saves?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

We are aware of the Xbox only issue where no matter which save slot is selected, only 1 will load. We do know that this issue only occurs when Episode 4 is installed, and appears to occur when the last played save file has a completed Episode 3 save. Removing Episode 4 will allow other slots to be accessed, and it's possible that completing (or re-completing) Episode 3 on another slot will allow that slot to be accessed once Episode 4 is installed. We are actively trying to track down the cause of this issue, and once we do, we will offer a fix.

• I can load each save Matt. All of them say I have had no progress in each one.

• Again, I can go into each save Matt. But each time I go into a save that exists, there is no progress. Each episode starts on 1. I can select each save slot, but again; each save slot says I have not made progress. I may be repeating myself here, but I feel like I really need to get this point across.

Add Comment