User Avatar Image

Episode 4 - Glitch with my saves (X360).

posted by B-S on - last edited - Viewed by 551 users

Hi, first of all sorry in advance for my english :o

I just buy the episode 4 on Xbox 360, I have 3 save files (1st is my main gameplay, 2nd is a run where I play with only bad decisions and 3 is my "perfect" run). The game load the most recent save (save #2) even if I select the other ones...if I load save #1 or #3 I see stats and choices I've made in save #2 :/ I want to play the episode with my save #1 first but the game won't let me do it :(

Please fix this ASAP.

*edit*
Official anwser :
@MattP said: I apologize for the late reply to this thread.

We are aware of the Xbox only issue where no matter which save slot is selected, only 1 will load. We do know that this issue only occurs when Episode 4 is installed, and appears to occur when the last played save file has a completed Episode 3 save. Removing Episode 4 will allow other slots to be accessed, and it's possible that completing (or re-completing) Episode 3 on another slot will allow that slot to be accessed once Episode 4 is installed. We are actively trying to track down the cause of this issue, and once we do, we will offer a fix.

What you have to do step by step if you want to use a specific save when starting episode 4 :
1) Make a backup of your game save (just to be sure).
2) Delete episode 4.
3) Now you need to finish ep3 again, just select the save you want for ep4 and press A to continue, you'll have a few dialogues and the credits, it's really quick.
4) When you're back to the menu you can download episode 4 again and this time it will load the good save.
It works for me, I can finally load my save #1 ! But I guess if you want to use another save slot later you'll have to redone this until the patch is coming.

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @sandyklep said: How have Telltale not responded to this??

Telltale, I'm not a user of your forum. I have only joined to make this post. Searching on here, YOUR COMMUNITY, I am shocked to find that you haven't responded to the posts of your members. What gives?

I'm pretty sure all these people here deserve an explanation, way before I get one.

Be good to your customers. Or they will not be back.

FAIL

Have you tried anything that the community said would get it working again?

• For my xbox, I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. Then I got all my saves back.

• I'm having the same problem as the OP if i click my first save it opens the second save which is a new game. If i copy my data over to the second save and open it then the choices i made in ALL of the episodes seem to be the exact opposite of what i actually did.
    i have no desire to play this game if i can't even use my saves.

• @windlife said: Have you tried anything that the community said would get it working again?

I have, but shouldn't have to. I believe companies should release finished products to their audience...

Only popped back to see if Telltale had responded. Still complete FAIL

• A game based around your decisions crafting your story failing to work, is hilarious actually.

We are the complete mugs for paying for this. Well done us!

Well done, Telltale

• i dont believe multiple saves is the trouble. i only had the one and i cant acess it from my hard drive or USB. i was prepared to suck it up and start over, only to play through episode one without a single save. thats right, not only do i not have my original save, but i cant save again. as it stands, my only hope is to wait for episode five and play through from begining to end. period. thanks tell tale!

• Same thing is happening with me. None of my progress is registered, I can't see my stats, and it just keeps telling me to start an episode with random decisions. I don't understand why telltale support is working with the PS3 and PC/Mac gamers, but not even mentioning anything wrong with the Xbox. This is ridiculous... :(

• Scary and ridiculous that they noticed the PS3 issue but not the Xbox issues.

• Having similar problems with my game. It took me multiple tries to get the game to select my "good" save. Now that I'm going back to try and do my "bad" playthrough it keeps selecting my "good" save. So I'm unable to play on my other save (and get the achievements that were not given to me when I played my "good" save) until they fix this game

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

I apologize for the late reply to this thread.

We are aware of the Xbox only issue where no matter which save slot is selected, only 1 will load. We do know that this issue only occurs when Episode 4 is installed, and appears to occur when the last played save file has a completed Episode 3 save. Removing Episode 4 will allow other slots to be accessed, and it's possible that completing (or re-completing) Episode 3 on another slot will allow that slot to be accessed once Episode 4 is installed. We are actively trying to track down the cause of this issue, and once we do, we will offer a fix.

Add Comment