User Avatar Image

There might be hope

posted by gameaddictwn on - last edited - Viewed by 470 users

*Incoming wall of text*

I've been looking the Lee bite scene over a bit, and I think its a scratch, not a bite. First of all its was very quick, and when he 'bit' Lee his head went straight down. It's not possible to sink in deep enough and pull out downwards without taking a piece of flesh with you.

Second, If you look closely, it doesn't quite look like a bite. Take for example the bottom of the 'bite'. There is no site of the mandible (Lower teeth). When something bites, the marks are the maxilla and the mandible. The bottom doesn't show lower mark of teeth, only 2 corners that's not teeth shape.

Thirdly, the marks on the top is vertical, much scratch like.

Fourthly, The top are 4 marks, which are the primary, middle, ring and pinky finger. On the side there is another mark, which is of the thumb. Most of the 'bite' is in a mouth like shape except that part. A mouth can't reach that far and even if a zombies mouth can there is not teeth there (And I'm pretty sure zombies don't grow extra teeth). Also if you look closely the zombie lunges at Lee with his right hand first. In slow-motion, you can see the blood splat before the zombies mouth reaches Lee, and instead the hand. And the right hand's thumb is on the left, the same side of the mark on Lee's 'bite'.

Lastly, if you get bitten, I'm pretty sure you will fell the pain and immediantly look at the mark. Lee noticed he got 'bit' when his blood landed on Clem's hat.

My theory: The zombie scratched him and it was merely skin deep. Because in his shock and fear he didn't notice the mark until he saw the blood. It is known that a person in shock, fear or extreme stress are less likely to feel mild pain. A skin deep scratch isn't very painful so in Lee's situations (Him being in shock of the zombie attack and his worry of Clem) it was very unlikely that he felt such minor pain. If it was a bite, he would obviously feel it no matter how much shock. I've been bitten by a dog and my annoying little stepbrother. Both were skin deep and it hurt like hell. When I was helping in the garden I got scratched while working with thorn bushes. I first noticed the bleeding dripped over my shoes. So that's my theory. I'll be honest, I've been very pessimistic, and a bit annoyed at people when they are like 'Telltale can surprise us, Lee may live!' but now I think Lee might actually survive. Unless you can get infected by a zombie scratch. I know it is like that in other zombie games and films, but it was never stated in TWD universe that a scratch can turn you, a bite yes, but not a scratch. *End Wall of Text*

TL;DR: Lee was scratched, not bitten.

This is just a ray of hope, that I hope is true.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @gameaddictwn said: *Incoming wall of text*

    I've been looking the Lee bite scene over a bit, and I think its a scratch, not a bite. First of all its was very quick, and when he 'bit' Lee his head went straight down. It's not possible to sink in deep enough and pull out downwards without taking a piece of flesh with you.

    Second, If you look closely, it doesn't quite look like a bite. Take for example the bottom of the 'bite'. There is no site of the mandible (Lower teeth). When something bites, the marks are the maxilla and the mandible. The bottom doesn't show lower mark of teeth, only 2 corners that's not teeth shape.

    Thirdly, the marks on the top is vertical, much scratch like.

    Fourthly, The top are 4 marks, which are the primary, middle, ring and pinky finger. On the side there is another mark, which is of the thumb. Most of the 'bite' is in a mouth like shape except that part. A mouth can't reach that far and even if a zombies mouth can there is not teeth there (And I'm pretty sure zombies don't grow extra teeth). Also if you look closely the zombie lunges at Lee with his right hand first. In slow-motion, you can see the blood splat before the zombies mouth reaches Lee, and instead the hand. And the right hand's thumb is on the left, the same side of the mark on Lee's 'bite'.

    Lastly, if you get bitten, I'm pretty sure you will fell the pain and immediantly look at the mark. Lee noticed he got 'bit' when his blood landed on Clem's hat.

    My theory: The zombie scratched him and it was merely skin deep. Because in his shock and fear he didn't notice the mark until he saw the blood. It is known that a person in shock, fear or extreme stress are less likely to feel mild pain. A skin deep scratch isn't very painful so in Lee's situations (Him being in shock of the zombie attack and his worry of Clem) it was very unlikely that he felt such minor pain. If it was a bite, he would obviously feel it no matter how much shock. I've been bitten by a dog and my annoying little stepbrother. Both were skin deep and it hurt like hell. When I was helping in the garden I got scratched while working with thorn bushes. I first noticed the bleeding dripped over my shoes. So that's my theory. I'll be honest, I've been very pessimistic, and a bit annoyed at people when they are like 'Telltale can surprise us, Lee may live!' but now I think Lee might actually survive. Unless you can get infected by a zombie scratch. I know it is like that in other zombie games and films, but it was never stated in TWD universe that a scratch can turn you, a bite yes, but not a scratch. *End Wall of Text*

    TL;DR: Lee was scratched, not bitten.

    This is just a ray of hope, that I hope is true.

    I totally agree you can't bite something without a jaw i agree its a scratch but who know what will happen

  • the saliva of the bite kills you if it was a scratch there's a chance there was no saliva a huge chance.

  • I don't think there's a question to whether or not Lee was bit, because how would they prove he wasn't bitten? The only thing I can think of is: It's been a two weeks and Lee hasn't gotten sick and died yet. The thing is there's no action or drama with that kind of a confirmation, which makes for lousy storytelling.

    Still if you're looking for hope, let me bounce this off ya: Nothing in the game since the opening sequence is real. The whole series of events after the officer runs off the the road are dreamed up by Lee has he lies unconscious in the wrecked police car.

    That's right, I'm proposing Indoctrination Theory for TWD. :p

  • @UndeadDollface said: I don't think there's a question to whether or not Lee was bit, because how would they prove he wasn't bitten? The only thing I can think of is: It's been a two weeks and Lee hasn't gotten sick and died yet. The thing is there's no action or drama with that kind of a confirmation, which makes for lousy storytelling.

    Still if you're looking for hope, let me bounce this off ya: Nothing in the game since the opening sequence is real. The whole series of events after the officer runs off the the road are dreamed by up by Lee has he lies unconscious in the wrecked police car.

    That's right, I'm proposing Indoctrination Theory for TWD. :p

    i like that theory i believe that theory was better than the mass effect endings :D

  • @KingOfTheDead said: i like that theory i believe that theory was better than the mass effect endings :D

    No kidding. That ending was so bad it damaged the internet.

  • man some of yall are fucking assholes, acting like it's against the law to be optimistic or some shit

  • This guy has a decent persuasive point here and I undoubtedly agree. I once got scratched by a cat on my wrist and I felt "WTF". Lee got scratched by a walker and he didn't even feel it till he picked Clem's hat and observed the bite by himself, I don't want to sound aggressive or against you all but Lee's destiny is yet to be unknown and you guys comment like if he is really going to die, the end is totally obscure and unbeknown so nobody has the ability to say something which is really gonna happen but who knows, but keep in mind the end is still ambiguous. We hope the best for Lee!

  • @Web Head said: This guy has a decent persuasive point here and I undoubtedly agree. I once got scratched by a cat on my wrist and I felt "WTF". Lee got scratched by a walker and he didn't even feel it till he picked Clem's hat and observed the bite by himself, I don't want to sound aggressive or against you all but Lee's destiny is yet to be unknown and you guys comment like if he is really going to die, the end is totally obscure and unbeknown so nobody has the ability to say something which is really gonna happen but who knows, but keep in mind the end is still ambiguous. We hope the best for Lee!

    The fact he didn't feel it doesn't mean anything, really. If the walker's bite, scratch, or whatever was enough to hurt Lee and draw his blood, it means it got into his bloodstream. And if it is inside his body, it means he's got an infection, and if there's anything that the comics have taught me, is that the infection contracted from being hurt by a walker is 100% lethal. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if Lee somehow miraculously managed to stay alive after being hurt by a walker. I don't want him to die either, but it was set when TTG decided he was getting bit. Sorry, but that's just the way it is on the The Walking Dead.

  • Is this 'wishful' thinking still going on? I thought it was made clear that it was a bite...

Add Comment