User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 193K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: Guys I cant see the report post butten anymore!

The spambots stole it!

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@WarpSpeed said: Telltale had a big crash of some kind Sunday night (it was Oh Crumbs for quite a while). I suspected Puzzlebox did it while testing some of her new abilities. ;) Anyway, that might be related.

I swear I was busy doing other things on Sunday night (The Dude will vouch for that)! ;)

@WarpSpeed said: Homestar, did you eat the report spam button?

O5XNn.jpg

• @der_ketzer said: Edit: Why is the name of the company written with a $ instead of the s in the wordfilter?

@der_ketzer said: Guys I cant see the report post butten anymore!

It didn't even take a week for Puzzlebox to start abusing her new powers. For shame!

• I’m working on a story where all of the characters are based on guys on the forums.

Characters I am using:
    GuruGuru214
    Darth Marsden
    coolsome
    Secret Fawful
    Jennifer
    Noname215 (yes, i’m putting myself in it)
    Avistew
    Jonro
    Alcoremortis
    DAISHI

BTW, it’s a murder mystery.

• @Noname215 said: I’m working on a story where all of the characters are based on guys on the forums.

Characters I am using:
    GuruGuru214
    Darth Marsden
    coolsome
    Secret Fawful
    Jennifer
    Noname215 (yes, i’m putting myself in it)
    Avistew
    Jonro
    Alcoremortis
    DAISHI

BTW, it’s a murder mystery.

Well, as per my role as The REAL Deal (and variations thereof) on a different forum, I must be both the murderer and all of the victims.

• Actually, the victim was originally supposed to be Davies, and the murderer...

Sorry, that would be telling.

• @Noname215 said: Actually, the victim was originally supposed to be Davies, and the murderer...

Sorry, that would be telling.

Eh, it's okay. I doubt that as a murderer I could really top creating facsimiles of myself and then killing them off.

• No, you’d probably sob over their deaths because of how handsome you think they look.

• My brother was bobber56. The dead one.

• An evangelical manager in my department out of the blue started talking about global warming. She used the most ridiculous examples to "prove" that it was fake including mentioning that "humans can't be affecting the sun" and tried to bate others to argue with her. I sorta just shook my head and returned to my work when she suddenly burst out: "well what proof do YOU have?"

I really shouldn't have, but I responded that it seemed rather strange she would trust scientists about geology and astrophysics, but in this case when it was inconvenient to her pre-existing beliefs that she wouldn't believe scientists. She asked "I just don't believe that any life can affect how the atmosphere works". This claim was so stupid I had no idea why I didn't stop here but I explained to her the effect of trees during the carboniferous period and how they radically affected the atmosphere.

She began smirking and rambled on about evolution or something and how it was silly that I believed that we were formed from the dust of dinosaurs after they were destroyed by meteors???? I was dumbfounded. She then started to talk about how there is absolute scientific certainty that the earth is absolutely perfect for human life and brought up the false idea that if the earth was 10 feet farther from the sun we'd freeze ect.

At that point I flat out just ignored her because holy shit she was seriously trying to get me to debate religion at work.

like it's cool you think that but im trying to make these meatballs here okay?

This discussion has been closed.