User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 26.8K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

610 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but something I'd like in a potential season 2 is a slightly higher music budget. Enough that Jared could hire a few live musicians, or even a small orchestra to perform the score, or at least parts of the score. And maybe some more licensed music from whatever era Doc and Marty end up visiting.

• @Amse said: This is just an idea. An idea, as i say, result of watching the entire films saga without interruptions this night.

I've noticed in the first 2 BTTF films that Doc eventually talks about a date or an era with Marty eventually visited by them in the next film. I.e: He talks about visiting the future in the first film, then in the second film in which he visites future, he talks about visiting the western era.

Well, every real fan could know about this, and i think maybe there are tons of users noticing the same i'm about to explain here, but as i don't feel like reading the whole forum looking for that, i'm gonna say it... whatever.

Doc talks about visiting the medieval era in the third movie. There are no films or games featuring that scenario! It could be a great place to put Marty & Doc in troubles, having there are no fast vehicles in that era reaching the 140 Km/h, no plutonium, no gasoline, and no pieces to repair a time machine, in the case it suffered some misfortune...

That's all. Also excuse my poor english :P

That wouldn't really work, If they went back to medieval times they would go back to a inhabited America (apart from some indians) For that to work they would need to add a feature so the Delorean can travel through space as well as time to take them to England, but then that doesn't work well because its not in Hill valley...

• @yoman45135 said: That wouldn't really work, If they went back to medieval times they would go back to a inhabited America (apart from some indians) For that to work they would need to add a feature so the Delorean can travel through space as well as time to take them to England, but then that doesn't work well because its not in Hill valley...

"Apart from some indians". Some Native American cultures would have been at their peak in the Medieval times. There were cities that were larger than anything the Europeans would build in America until the 19th century. The continent wasn't exactly deserted before the Vikings and Columbus showed up.

That said, I don't think Medieval times would work either because one of the biggest hooks of series has always been the family connection. It doesn't really have the same impact if Marty is meeting a relative that's thirty generations removed from him.

Plus, they'd have to come up with some device to overcome the language barrier.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@BlankCanvasDJ said: I don't think Medieval times would work either because one of the biggest hooks of series has always been the family connection. It doesn't really have the same impact if Marty is meeting a relative that's thirty generations removed from him.

It could be a fun period to visit for one episode, or a part of an episode. Maybe a short trip to test Doc's adjustments to the DeLorean to travel in time and space. Doc seems like he'd be eccentric enough to make a side trip like that. :)

You're right though, it most likely wouldn't work if the whole season was focused around that time period for the reasons you stated.

@BlankCanvasDJ said: Plus, they'd have to come up with some device to overcome the language barrier.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doc knows Latin already. Doc could be Marty's translator. The language barrier actually has me intrigued. It could lead to some interesting puzzles if Doc and Marty ever got separated. :D

• It would be fun to see them end up in Colonial America, in the early 1700s.

• One important thing which has been brought up is the family connection; the McFly's did not move to hill Valley until the 19th century (remember William is the first born in America). As well the spacial travel. Now doc did say in episode 1 he added a few bells and whistles to the delorean. Aside from the automatic retrieval, we hadn't seen any differences.

• One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park,
    12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

• I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but something I'd like in a potential season 2 is a slightly higher music budget.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Michael J Fox is Canadian said: One important thing which has been brought up is the family connection; the McFly's did not move to hill Valley until the 19th century (remember William is the first born in America). As well the spacial travel. Now doc did say in episode 1 he added a few bells and whistles to the delorean. Aside from the automatic retrieval, we hadn't seen any differences.

Well, there were also the calibration devices that Citizen Brown used and the satellite that Doc used to sync up the calibration units with the paradoxal DeLorean. Although, I suppose he could have always had those. We never got to see Doc tinker with the DeLorean outside of the limitations of the past in the films.

• So, uh, including the films, how many different timelines are there now?

Add Comment