User Avatar Image

Says my account doesn't own The Walking Dead game, again.

posted by Spacewolf on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

This has happened every time a new episode has come out. I bought the season pass and every time there's a new episode, the game tells me my account doesn't own it and prompts me to go buy it.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

If you would like to try an Unofficial workaround, one has been posted Here.

• Anyway we can get an official fix? I am having these same issues that I have had each time a new episode has come out.

• @MattP said: I do apologize for the problem you are all experiencing. We are aware that a small number of players are experiencing this issue, and we are currently investigating a solution. Please ensure you have a strong internet connection and are logged into your Telltale account before attempting the download again. Also, you can try connecting to another network.

No, I don't have another network there, I've only my semi-loosy 512 kbps DSL line... But come on, it's a point-and-click game ! I don't ask to play any FPS ! I neither don't mind to let my PC downloading an episode over the night, ... I'm patient.

What I really regret, is to pay for a game and can't play with it ! :mad:

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

These issues are usually encountered for the first day or day after launch as there are so many server requests, that some time out. Please shut down and restart your computer and then try again.

• Tell-tale as you are already aware allot of people are complaining.It also happens to me. It says I don't have a licence so i have to buy it(when i already have) and only once I have been able to get on but still when i try to download the episodes it does not go past 0 percent so please im begging look for a fix please!!!

• I just had this same problem--doesn't make me feel great about having decided to buy the download last night rather than waiting for the disc version.

• This still seems to be an issue :( really dissapointing

• Has anyone had any success getting their money back?

• Okay so I am having this same issue.

I have a strong internet connection so that's no the problem but admittedly this is an older PC (but still meets requirments).

I have also recently reformatted this pc and it's working just fine apart from this game.

I have a new kick ass pc coming in the post in about a week or so, if it doesn't work on that pc this is the last game I will get from telltale

This thread was opened in October, so this issue has been going on for months and it's not been fixed.

• I actually bought it on steam, yet the game prompted me to make an account because I 'Didn't own it.' It was on sale, and I've wanted this for a very long time! So I also bought the DLC. It worked for the first day I bought it, but today (Second day) it no longer lets me play, and says I don't own the game.

Add Comment