User Avatar Image

If everyone is already infected......

posted by crash665 on - last edited - Viewed by 531 users

It has been established in this universe - Kirkman's universe - that everyone has the virus. That's why Larry's head was popped with a salt lick; if they didn't destroy his brain, he would have turned.

So, my question is this: Why would just a bite or scratch from a zombie cause someone to die? If Lee already has the virus in him, why does getting bit matter? Does a bite from a walker cause the virus to kick into over-drive?

Maybe I'm just looking for an out for Lee, but it seems to me that just a scratch or little bite wouldn't cause death. (Yeah, I know. I've seen all of the movies, too. One bite means death, but I'm gonna miss Lee. He's awesome.)

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @8Bit_System said: Blood contains around 46% of water, while eating a bird's wing won't genetically change someone... you stopped trolling a while ago - keep at it. ;)

Look, comparing zombies to cats is about as useful as comparing zombies to birds or any other animal. It isn't. There are complex biological processes that allow them to do these things that zombies don't have. Just b/c it's possible in one species doesn't mean it's possible in another, was my point.

Zombies are fictional. Everything about them is magical, from their ability to move at all to salivating. You'll never create a coherent explanation, never give anywhere close to a good analogy b/c there isn't one, so what is your point?

• I was comparing blood to water. and THAT is not the same as comparing cats to birds my darling.

Everything that goes farther into actual medicine is donkey shit anyways. ;)

• @8Bit_System said: They could get the water part from drinking blood. Cats hardly need to drink water at all, given they have natural prey, or even certain kinds of canned food as a diet. They are still able to salivate... believe me... meh... :mad: :D

@8Bit_System said: I was comparing blood to water. and THAT is not the same as comparing cats to birds my darling.

No, you were comparing zombies to cats, saying that's how they could get water. I said it's like comparing zombies to birds--useless b/c they are different species. There was no cat and bird comparisons on my part.

And did you just call me your darling? LMAO! WOW! I cannot stop laughing.

• Blood has around 46% of water... also I tought you, as you obviously didn't know, that cats are usually independant on a clean water source as their usual (wildlife) diet has enough water in the blood already, not to mention the amount of water in fresh meat. Same would go for go for a Zombie diet.

If your imagination doesn't got that far, I am sorry I confused you... but it doesn't make your statement right.

P.S.: I called you darling 'cause I felt you needed a hug. :D

• @8Bit_System said: Blood has around 46% of water... also I tought you, as you obviously didn't know, that cats are usually independant on a clean water source as their usual (wildlife) diet has enough water in the blood already, not to mention the amount of water in fresh meat. Same would go for go for a Zombie diet.

If your imagination doesn't got that far, I am sorry I confused you... but it doesn't make your statement right.

P.S.: I called you darling 'cause I felt you needed a hug. :D

I'm saying you're comparing zombies to cats. Is that not what you're doing?

You're saying zombies can get water from blood/eating because cats can, right? lol

• @Red Panda said: I'm saying you're comparing zombies to cats. Is that not what you're doing?

You're saying zombies can get water from blood/eating because cats can, right? lol

Humans could too. What is your problem? Every species can. Water is water, will always be water... be it in a pond or bound in blood, a sauce, or whatever!

• I have a theory that the infection doesn't turn you into a walker, it just turns everyone into an idiot.

This explains why everyone in the Walking Dead universe seems to be incapable of making decent decisions.

The walkers were just people who were hit the hardest with the infection, and they wander around, unable to interact with anyone.

• This thread has made me want something new to the genre.

FLYING ZOMBIES!

• @crash665 said: It has been established in this universe - Kirkman's universe - that everyone has the virus. That's why Larry's head was popped with a salt lick; if they didn't destroy his brain, he would have turned.

So, my question is this: Why would just a bite or scratch from a zombie cause someone to die? If Lee already has the virus in him, why does getting bit matter? Does a bite from a walker cause the virus to kick into over-drive?

Maybe I'm just looking for an out for Lee, but it seems to me that just a scratch or little bite wouldn't cause death. (Yeah, I know. I've seen all of the movies, too. One bite means death, but I'm gonna miss Lee. He's awesome.)

Here is what Jake said about this topic:

"Dying is what turns you into a zombie. It doesn't matter what you die from... as long as your brain is physically intact when you die, you will come back. So, if something kills you, you will come back.

A zombie bite kills you. You get sick from the infection, it wears your body down and you die. If something kills you, you will come back. A zombie bite kills you, therefore you come back.

One isn't a direct cause of the other ("A zombie bite turns you into a zombie,") but the first half -- the bite -- becomes the cause of the second half -- death, at which point you turn."

I couldn't tell if anyone had answered your question :). Hope this helps.

Add Comment