User Avatar Image

Why would people bring Clem to Crawford?

posted by Wrighty on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

I honestly don't understand people who take Clem on the mission. They plan to sneak into a base at night filled with people with guns who have probably been trained and are pretty twisted people. If you leave her at least you can give her a gun and tell her to hide?

Anyone care to explain taking Clem on the mission with them?

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

I left her at home and told her to hide, because I wasn't sure of her prowess with the gun and I was scared from all the talk about how they kill children in Crawford. It seemed like a terrible idea to take her into such a high-risk situation. Also I didn't want Christa or Vernon giving me shit for being a terrible guardian and risking her life or giving her a gun. Christa at one point agreed with me that it was a good idea to leave her at home. Clem ended up trapping a zombie in the room at the house and keeping an eye on Omid, I praised her and she looked really proud of herself. She was a great protector. And if that zombie showed up and Omid was alone, he probably would have been toast in his condition. I ended up saving Molly in Crawford. So it was a win-win in my eyes.

• @Wrighty said: I honestly don't understand people who take Clem on the mission. They plan to sneak into a base at night filled with people with guns who have probably been trained and are pretty twisted people. If you leave her at least you can give her a gun and tell her to hide?

Anyone care to explain taking Clem on the mission with them?

taking clem to a "place with ultimate survival people" isn't the problem, the problem is that its infested with walkers, not really a problem with dumb bastards that cutting off their necks doesn't kill them

• The other choice was leaving her with a very sick man who not only couldn't protect her, but also may die, turn, and then kill her.

Both shitty choices...but yeah, I think it's better to take her.

• Someone knows about the group staying in the house. (A man appears when Lee buries the child.) I did not want Clementine to be left with Omid, walkers and a man who can silently approach people. (Quite possibly the same man who desires Clementine.) I felt like she was safer with the group. Also I wanted to build her confidence as someone who was capable and responsible; even in risky situations. c:

Oh, and as Molly could ninja-jump everywhere, I assume she could have given Clementine a piggy back ride to safety if things came to a bad end anyway. n_n

• 1. I felt like i was a little hard on her in the first few 15minutes when the game started, like with the walkie talkie, the doggie door, and the boat.

2. Omid was feeling ill.

3. (relates to the first) I felt bad and I wanted to help Clem find her parents, so i thought they would be there.

4. (Never really thought about it) the walkie talkie guy or the mysterious man that stood behind the gate.

• Well I had many reasons.I took Clem with me coz Ben Is total stupid asshole and he cant protect her nor watch her.Someone could take her and Ben wouldnt even notice.Christa cannot protect her too because she cares about Omid and shes with him everytime.And Omid..I think that everyone knows whats wrong with him.+Clem can take care of herself.She even shot the zombie who grabbed Molly. :)

• She is being stalked.
    she would be left alone with a guy who could die and come back and kill her.
    I seen some guy staring at me.
    When I got back she had wandered off by herself and no one was even watching her.

• People are forgetting Lee had the Walkie on him at all times! He only put it down after his trip from Crawford when he dosed off, so the stalker could not get into contact with Clem.

He would have had to broken into a locked, boarded up house. Which I do not think he was willing to take the risk to do. That is why I chose to leave her as well.

Plus if I knew before hand Crawford was Walker infested I might have took Clem, but humanity is still the most dangerous predator. They think and have guns, so bringing Clem into that situation would have been a sure death situation or worse, she might become new rape material. It only takes on lucky shot to end Clementines life or maim her, that is what I was thinking when I told her to stay and hide till we return.

In the comics Rick doesn't always take Carl on deadly hunts, and Carl is a way better shot than Clem. He knows when not to unnecessarily put a child in danger, and when desperation calls for Carl to act.

• I never forgot that. I also wasn't assuming he'd get in contact with her on the walkie.

You have to remember that Clementine did not think the man on the walkie was a threat. He might not even have to break in. Zombies don't knock on doors like a person would. If he knew she was alone with just Omid (which he could have easily found out by stalking the place while they were leaving) then all it might take would be for him to walk up to the door, knock, and call to Clementine in a friendly fashion. She might open the door for him. She did say she thinks he just wants to help them.

• I went with the rule of thumb with keep her close to me at all times, Sh is my responsibility at all times i dont want to be distanced from her at anypoint, plus she is learning how to survive and this is part of it, I would feel terrible leaving her in a house alone with all that happened...i'd be constantly asking myself, can she pull the trigger if it goes bad? and will she be generally okay on her own, will she do something stupid like run outside to see a disengenious survivour shes smart, but her heart is sometimes too big.

Add Comment