User Avatar Image

If this story was a miniseries....

posted by zgamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I know the easy question is "Could you see this as a movie?" but I don't think we could. So much happens that a movie could never justify it (like most games). However, if this was a special miniseries spin off it could be an even better show than the AMC show (it already is).

So if you could envision this as a miniseries:

Would you have it stay on AMC or go to a different network?

Who would you cast in the lead roles?

How many episodes could you see it being?

Would you want a good guy, bad guy, survivor, peacemaker, silent or neutral Lee as the main character (however you want to define it)?

Would you make any drastic changes?

Doug or Carley?

Should Telltale be directly involved in the storytelling?

Any big name directors/writers/showrunners you would attach?

Feel free to answer how you want and add any other comments!

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: i think either Evangeline Lilly or Eva Green could do lilly, but i think what you are both missing with larry is the fact that larry can knock people out, although John Noble does a brilliant "crazy dad" in both LOTR and Fringe, he couldn't throw a punch if his life depended on it, its the same with Ed O'Neill.

even though it may not be perfect i think someone like mickey rourke would be a good larry, i can imagine him saying "I've got charm coming out of my ass"

I know what you mean with Noble and O'Neill. I struggled picking someone for that because of that. I could not think of someone off hand who fits the voice, build and demeanor of Larry. He's just such a distinct character. It's the same reason for who I picked with Katjaa, since I know of no actors who got her physique and is Belgian or can fake it.

Noble is a terrific actor but he strikes me as too classically British to play Larry. His voice is too naturally deep, which conflicts with Larry's more comedic higher whiskey/cigarette coated voice. He is not really physically intimidating either. He has a scary face, but he is kind of a small guy. Up against Idris Elba he wouldn't look very tough. He fits roles like Denethor more naturally, where it is influence and power abuse more than strength that works to their advantage.

I chose O'Neill for his attitude. I could see him playing cantankerous and funny like Larry, which the funny is an important detail (I could see him do the charm line just right). His voice is a but deep but it is more balanced to the attitude of Larry. He doesn't have the muscle Larry does though he is a taller older man.

Haha! I only worry if we can understand what Rourke is saying. It might come out as "I hot farm uming outta my sass." he's certainly intimidating but I'm not sure if he is fatherly.

If anyone has a better pick, please let me know! :)

• Let's see....

For Lee.... I'd go with Russel Hornsby from Grimm
    For Carley... Bree Turner... also from Grimm
    For Larry.. Ron Perlman

I'm not sure on the rest... those are the only ones that jump to mind for me...

• @DreadMagus said: Let's see....

For Lee.... I'd go with Russel Hornsby from Grimm
    For Carley... Bree Turner... also from Grimm
    For Larry.. Ron Perlman

I'm not sure on the rest... those are the only ones that jump to mind for me...

I really like your Bree Turner choice. I think she looks just like Carley.

• When I played episode 1, I have to admit I was almost floored at the similarity. :D

• I'd want the guy from Candyman to play Lee; Jess Ventura could be Larry; the chick from Kingdom of Heaven looks a lot like Lily; Edna Garret from facts of life can play Kat lol

• Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been searching for some casting ideas on Telltale's version of these Walking Dead characters. I've seen a lot of good ones here, like Rich Sommer for Doug, Omid Abtahi for Omid, Anson Mount as Andy St. John, John Noble for Larry. Jeff Foxworthy definitely looks the part for Kenny :cool: and I think Bree Turner is a very solid choice for Carley.

Personally I think Jennifer Carpenter could do a really great Lilly. She can be compassionate and angry as fuck as evidenced on Dexter. For Lee I think Mikhei Phifer would be good choice but I'm not completely sold there yet. I don't know much about child actors/actresses so I just found a girl who somewhat resembles Clem - Gigi Papasavvas no idea if she can even act I just google searched for child actresses lol.

Any other thoughts on this? I'd like to nail down a fan "cast" for sure just for fun.

• @YamiRaziel said: I really like your Bree Turner choice. I think she looks just like Carley.

Hmmmm. I agree.

Bree%20Turner-SGS-013687.jpg

• Mary Elizabeth Winstead looks good for Carley as well.

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-007.jpg

• @Macon Bacon said: Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been searching for some casting ideas on Telltale's version of these Walking Dead characters. I've seen a lot of good ones here, like Rich Sommer for Doug, Omid Abtahi for Omid, Anson Mount as Andy St. John, John Noble for Larry. Jeff Foxworthy definitely looks the part for Kenny :cool: and I think Bree Turner is a very solid choice for Carley.

Personally I think Jennifer Carpenter could do a really great Lilly. She can be compassionate and angry as fuck as evidenced on Dexter. For Lee I think Mikhei Phifer would be good choice but I'm not completely sold there yet. I don't know much about child actors/actresses so I just found a girl who somewhat resembles Clem - Gigi Papasavvas no idea if she can even act I just google searched for child actresses lol.

Any other thoughts on this? I'd like to nail down a fan "cast" for sure just for fun.

i think they are all good except the ones in bold, John Noble is great but not big or tough enough for larry and random girl Gigi Papasavvas :confused:

• True points ^ although I think Noble has that stern look and can pull off the asshole type pretty well. Tough I'm sure there are many others. And as I mentioned for Clementine, I don't know anything much about child actors/actresses so yes I randomly chose a girl who slightly resembles Clem. Only thing I could do considering my lack of knowledge but I would appreciate a better suggestion as I'm sure there are many.

Add Comment