User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Currently playing Shadows of the Damned. Quite a fun game once you adjust to the controls (L2 downs a 'potion' while L1 is to aim. I've wasted so many 'potions' pressing the wrong button!) Gameplay itself is fine, and the sexual puns haven't gotten annoying... yet. So far it's a solid 7/10.

• @GuruGuru214 said: The relationship seemed a bit abusive to me, honestly. And I had major problems with a few things, like her freak out when she saw Ridley, considering that at that point she'd defeated him five times before (Zero Mission, Prime, twice in Corruption, and Super Metroid) and didn't even flinch, but she totally fell to pieces this time.

It also annoyed me, story-wise, that Samus's suit had purely defensive capabilities that she deactivated with everything else until Adam authorized it. She ran through a superheated room and took damage the whole time, and she wouldn't activate the purely defensive Varia feature until Adam told her to. And Adam saw exactly what was happening the whole time and still didn't tell her to turn it on until after that room.

But she's been illustrated in the manga suffering from PTSD whenever she sees Ridley.

The suit complaint I'm totally on board with though, was really arbitrary.

• @DAISHI said: But she's been illustrated in the manga suffering from PTSD whenever she sees Ridley.

This is shown in the non-Other-M games how?

I don't personally know any women who are in the military or law enforcement but it would seem to me that when someone needs to get the job done, they do it. They compartmentalize. They don't have an emotional breakdown in the middle of combat or else they get killed. Military training is supposed to teach you how to keep your cool, so I would expect the Chozo would also teach her this.

Other M, it seems, tries to paint Samus as first and foremost a woman, and a delicate, sensitive one at that. I never thought of Samus that way. She always felt like one of those women who, while friendly, you really don't want to mess with or she might kick you in the nuts.

Other M Samus seems likely to cry if you call her names.

• On topic:

gBcKK.jpg

bought from PSN. Bought it because it was on near everyone's list as the best Castlevania game.

Turns out there's a reason why.

• Right now I'm going through Borderlands with my brother & cousin. I've enjoyed the game thus far, especially the Zombie Island DLC. :) When I'm not exploring Pandora I'm playing Happy Wars, which isn't too bad of a game.

• I've been playing Red Dead Redemption for a while, but now I'm concentrating on Silent Hill Homecoming. I should get back to Assassin's Creed 2 though.

• Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game. It's great fun except GegaGideon, who's a fucking asshole.

• Metroid: Zero Mission: April 21, 2012
    Metroid Prime: April 21, 2012 - April 27, 2012
    Metroid Prime Hunters: April 28, 2012 - May 5, 2012
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: May 6, 2012 - May 23, 2012
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: May 24, 2012, May 31, 2012 - June 12, 2012
    Metroid II: Return of Samus: July 26, 2012 - July 30, 2012, September 13, 2012 - September 20, 2012
    Super Metroid: September 21, 2012 - October 5, 2012
    Metroid: Other M: October 6, 2012 - October 15, 2012
    Metroid Fusion: October 16, 2012 - October 17, 2012

Think I'm going to play Epic Mickey next. Maybe.

• I'm still making my way through Dragon Age: Origins, and having finished the main game I've moved on to the expansion (which I'm currently doing) and the extra campaigns.

Add Comment