User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 20.5K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HelloCthulhu said: I love how telltale is getting the hate over the european psn not telling anyone a date.

That's were you're wrong. PSN EU told us the release date (17th October) on the 11th of October. The day after episode 4 was released for PSN NA. About 8 hours later TTG managed a retweet of PSN EU's message. After this there has been no more announcements from TTG*, not on their blog or their twitter. It is now one day before the release of episode 4 for PSN EU and TTG has yet to officially acknowledge that the episode will in fact be released tomorrow.

TTG deserve a lot of critisism for their appaling lack of communication.

*Perhaps on Facebook, but a lot of people aren't on Facebook.

• This is fascinating! I still can't download episode 4 from their goddamn servers :D this is the worst thing I've ever experienced when it comes to customer contact/support for something I've paid for.

• @Yobo1987 said: When will EP 5 Release for PC?

More likely December from the way things been going so far with the other EP's

• @marsson said: This is fascinating! I still can't download episode 4 from their goddamn servers :D this is the worst thing I've ever experienced when it comes to customer contact/support for something I've paid for.

I have the same problem, gave up in the end and followed the fix that a poster had kindly put up. I didnt want to start messing with files as i should'nt have to but i got tired of waiting.

It really is a mess and is not just a "few" people as they say. A friend of mine bought the game at the end of last week and he cant download any episodes :rolleyes:

Cant fault TT on the game though its brilliant, the customer service and making sure thier product works before release is the worst ive seen from any company.

Oh i tell a lie, i once booked a flight from the Uk to New York and the plane or any of its staff just didnt turn up, that was pretty bad :D

• Since the EU got Episode 4 on the 17th October does that count for a prize since some of us voted for it or was it just for the NA PSN and Xbox/PC release date?

• @marsson said: This is fascinating! I still can't download episode 4 from their goddamn servers :D this is the worst thing I've ever experienced when it comes to customer contact/support for something I've paid for.

@marsson said: I have the same problem, gave up in the end and followed the fix that a poster had kindly put up. I didnt want to start messing with files as i should'nt have to but i got tired of waiting.

It really is a mess and is not just a "few" people as they say. A friend of mine bought the game at the end of last week and he cant download any episodes :rolleyes:

Cant fault TT on the game though its brilliant, the customer service and making sure thier product works before release is the worst ive seen from any company.

Oh i tell a lie, i once booked a flight from the Uk to New York and the plane or any of its staff just didnt turn up, that was pretty bad :D

Here.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@HelloCthulhu said: Here.

For the record and probably various reasons, this patch didn't help me at all immediately. Connectivity problems, no progress at 10% and immediate connection losses was everything I got. Only a complete new installation with all prefs erased did the trick. But then, with that patch, I could download all three episodes without any "connection losses" or things like that (although I had to restart the game between episode downloads). Took a while as you can imagine, but now, FINALLY. I mean, I have played episode 4 for the first time ONE HOUR AGO. Talk about waiting. :rolleyes:

• @Vainamoinen said: For the record and probably various reasons, this patch didn't help me at all immediately. Connectivity problems, no progress at 10% and immediate connection losses was everything I got. Only a complete new installation with all prefs erased did the trick. But then, with that patch, I could download all three episodes without any "connection losses" or things like that (although I had to restart the game between episode downloads). Took a while as you can imagine, but now, FINALLY. I mean, I have played episode 4 for the first time ONE HOUR AGO. Talk about waiting. :rolleyes:

I was wondering where you'd been.

• @Vainamoinen said: For the record and probably various reasons, this patch didn't help me at all immediately. Connectivity problems, no progress at 10% and immediate connection losses was everything I got. Only a complete new installation with all prefs erased did the trick. But then, with that patch, I could download all three episodes without any "connection losses" or things like that (although I had to restart the game between episode downloads). Took a while as you can imagine, but now, FINALLY. I mean, I have played episode 4 for the first time ONE HOUR AGO. Talk about waiting. :rolleyes:

I had the exact same experience. Finally got to play 2 days ago. Hope Episode 5 goes smoother!

Add Comment