User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marcu5 said: Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

I concur on this, I've helped Kenny in every possible situation with the one exception of helping him kill Larry. I don't think Kenny has really been keeping "score", so would be nice to get a ballsy proper manly response from Lee for once and tell Kenny in quite some detail on exactly how stupid Kenny really is and for that matter ignorant.

I like Kenny, really do, and was quite surprised on his reaction about not helping me to find Clem. The narrative always seems that Kenny is the sort of man that holds a very strong grudge against you unless you agree with him. There hasn't been a satisfying response from Lee yet regarding Kenny's so called scorecard...

• @marcu5 said: It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

I agree with this to a point. I picked it out from the beginning Kenny was going to be a douche. He is selfish and will find any reason to hate you if you against his plan, and there have been quite a few examples.

*The fight with Larry in Episode 1.
    *The How apprehensive he is during certain situations.

It makes sense Kenny doesn't want to help anyone unless it benefits him in someway.

• @Icedhope said: I agree with this to a point. I picked it out from the beginning Kenny was going to be a douche. He is selfish and will find any reason to hate you if you against his plan, and there have been quite a few examples.

*The fight with Larry in Episode 1.
    *The How apprehensive he is during certain situations.

It makes sense Kenny doesn't want to help anyone unless it benefits him in someway.

i dont even blame kenny anymore, it's TTGs fault. they've made a likeable character completely irrational. no man would hold such a grudge over a decison that didn't directly involve him. hell, the way i see it. kenny should be trying gain my forgiveness for killing larry in front of the group.

i would have also enjoyed calling kenny out on his hypocrisy in terms of duck vs larry.

• The problem about Kenny is that if you agree with him 100%, your essentially his yes man, never to disagree without being bitched out. Friends usually disagree with each other, you self-centered prick... Anyway, if he has your back whenever your on his side, he goes onto a hissy fit whenever your not. I was neutral between him and Lilly because I didn't desire to be liked or disliked from one and the other. Hearing Kenny say that he would do something else rather than finding an 8 year old girl in peril set me off something fierce. Thankfully, being a caring supporter towards his family is the trump card if you weren't on his side all the time. Damn man needs to learn how to look after others instead of being short-sighted and narrow-minded. Maybe there will be some redemption in the 5th episode, who knows?

• If you've helped his family in the past then choose "Clem's my family" and he'll put his grudge aside and will help you
    or just tell him to "Grow up and go fuck himself"
    He will be your best pal and help you without question if you've pleased him i.e help him in the meat locker and drop Ben.

Telltale has always given hints on what kind of a personality Kenny has and some people do keep grudges,I disagree that it's bad writing or unrealistic. For me,the complexity's of these characters personalities is the thing that makes them realistic and believable.

• Thats weird because one of the things I came away really liking is the Lee/Kenny dynamic after Ep4, and I hated Kenny. From Ep 2 on the two would constantly clash from decision to decision and even came to blows at one point. All the way through though, I was good to his family and was there for him when they died, not because I particularily liked the guy but rather because it was the decent thing to do. And in the end when Lee goes after Clem I reminded Kenny of the importance of family which led to him (begrudgingly) agreeing to help get her back. To me, this showed actual development in his character and I went from hating his guts to immensely disliking him instead. (Although this is all predicated on a lie, as I havent told him I've been bit yet):D

Its unfortunate that the outcome wasnt as satisfying for players who supported him at almost every turn though. Oh and you can tell Kenny to go fuck himself at the expense of trying to convince him to join your cause. Sounds like that might have been the more preferable move for you.

• The game could use a relationship like the sims, 0 to 100. If I give a bad response to someone I lose 5 points with that person and so on. So when important moments come you would need a certain amount of points for a person to give you support.

• @MaverickHunter said: The game could use a relationship like the sims, 0 to 100. If I give a bad response to someone I lose 5 points with that person and so on. So when important moments come you would need a certain amount of points for a person to give you support.

Ugh really? Thats the kind of thing I'm so glad TTG hasn't tried to implement. Its so....gamey. Hypothetically you could fuck a man's wife AND steal his horse but as long as youre consistently nice to him afterwards, he'll eventually grow to love you? I hate stuff like that.

• i dont know why people think kenny should be you best buddy even if you dont help him or back him up, maybe personally i would cut people more slack but i would still keep score, if you help me i will help you and vice versa, and if you don't help me you are an ass hole (zombie apocalypse kind of help) so why would kenny (a character who is reasonably calculating and pragmatic) help you if you don't help him, think about if you were playing the character of kenny you would have thought the time where Lee helped save everybody's life by stopping a giant zombie was way more important than the time Lee gave Duck half an apple or agreed with him.

• @marcu5 said: Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

I heard it's an option to tell him to fuck off and die if he doesn't want to go with you at the end of 4.

Add Comment