User Avatar Image

kenny is like a BRO

posted by TheNNerdGamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Kenny made a speech that:
"you've always had my back, Lee
always had my back when it mattered,
what kind of friend would I be if I wasn't there for you now.
Bitten or not, I'm with you to the end,you can count on me" :D

what do you think about Kenny?

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kenny started as a buddy type of guy, but it went downhill fast from episode 2 on.
    When his wife and duck were alive he would kill you in a sec if it would keep his family from harm, and when they died he just became a egocentric ass who just dragged anyone along who didn't dare to stand up against his little boat plan.
    Glad I got the chance to tell him to fuck off:)

• Kenny needs a smack. With a Chair.On the face.

• Kenny's 'bro' speech is all well and good if you're pals but what Lee says to him if you tell him 'go fuck yourself' pretty much sums up Kenny's character for me:

"You know what, Kenny? Go fuck yourself. You want to let a little girl die just because I didn't have your back every damn minute? Fuck you, man. Do whatever the fuck you want."

I was waiting 4 episodes for a line like that from Lee and, my god, it was worth it.

• "Go fuck yourself Kenny."

After remarking that I don't always have his back made me so cross with him, I just didn't want him around anymore. What a jerk. I helped him get through his tough time in episode 3 and he just seems to want to be a baby when things don't go his way. The dude's a tyrant. Pfft, piss off Kenny.

• Sometimes Kenny think Lee is the Hitman
    l help him to 'kill' Larry,l give Food for him and Duck,I was on his side in drugstore,shot Duck for him, but when l didn't kill Ben for him, he get mad.
    Kenny is OK or a Friend, but not a Bro anymore...

• @TheGonza said: with kenny you gota remember your only as good as your last 5 mins.

Lee: 'kenny, she saved your life remember?'
    Kenny: 'yea, but what has she done for me latley?'

Maybe Kenny has Alzheimer's ?

• @RafaelBrasileiro said: Sometimes Kenny think Lee is the Hitman
    l help him to 'kill' Larry,l give Food for him and Duck,I was on his side in drugstore,shot Duck for him, but when l didn't kill Ben for him, he get mad.
    Kenny is OK or a Friend, but not a Bro anymore...

are you sure killing Ben is the reason?

I mean 84% of my choices is backing him up
    Episode 1
    Helped his son from zombie at Hershel's
    always at his side
    told him to punch Larry
    gave energy bar to his son
    Episode 2
    I was neutral when got back from the woods with Ben
    Called Larry a Racist
    gave food to Clem,Duck,Ben,Mark
    Killed Larry
    Didn't kill any St.John Brothers
    Didn't steal from Car
    Episode 3
    Didn't shoot the girl
    Cried when Carley Died
    Left Lilly on the street
    Talked Kenny down at the Train
    Shot Duck
    Episode 4
    Told Kenny to Stop for Omid
    Told Kenny not to shoot Molly
    Brought Clem to Crawford
    Pulled Ben up
    Showed the bite
    Therefore a speech by kenny that ripped my heart out about always being there for him

• @Viser said: Huh, now that's an interesting way to see it. I guess each player can interpret Kenny's nod his own way, based on how he sees Kenny. Since you didn't mind Kenny's behaviour and felt sorry for him, you saw it as "well he wants to die, just let him", but since I see Kenny as a vindictive and resentful person, I see it more as a "MURDER HIM!!!" than anything else.

I think it's understandable why Kenny would say that, since Kenny found out only a minute or two ago that Ben was the cause of the deaths of his wife and son. He gave up everything for them, and then he sees the chance to watch the person he sees as the killer of his family die just like they did. I can see why he'd want Ben dead at that moment, even though it's wrong. Kenny's complete loyalty isn't even close to being worth Ben's life in my book. He could have killed Ben after the bell tower, but sticks to throwing insults at the kid in the alley. Given that Kat and Duck had been dead only 3 days or so by that point, sticking to insults shows great restraint when it comes to people like Kenny.

• @TheNNerdGamer said:
    are you sure killing Ben is the reason?

on my second shot, I did everything like the first, but I let Ben die, and then he made ​​me this speech.

• @Rock114 said: I think it's understandable why Kenny would say that, since Kenny found out only a minute or two ago that Ben was the cause of the deaths of his wife and son. He gave up everything for them, and then he sees the chance to watch the person he sees as the killer of his family die just like they did. I can see why he'd want Ben dead at that moment, even though it's wrong.

Yes, I also understand why he would want Ben dead. But like you said, it's wrong. It's just not acceptable to me, because Ben is actually good at heart, he just messes up a lot. I'm starting to question that on Kenny. I don't like the kind of survivor he has become.

@Rock114 said: Kenny's complete loyalty isn't even close to being worth Ben's life in my book. He could have killed Ben after the bell tower, but sticks to throwing insults at the kid in the alley. Given that Kat and Duck had been dead only 3 days or so by that point, sticking to insults shows great restraint when it comes to people like Kenny.

This is something I really like about this game, the way players can have such different points of view on the characters and the story.
    For instance, I couldn't care less about Kenny's loyalty, really. I want to be Ben's friend, I actually like the guy... and well, I don't know... it looks like Kenny let a good deal of his anger out on the bell tower, if he had just tried to attack Ben again, I would've thought he had gone crazy... I'm against kicking people out of the group, but that would be reason enough for me to consider cutting him loose... but I don't know, seeing Kenny's personality, you're probably right.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I think I kinda understand Lilly now... and I actually kinda miss her :/

Add Comment