User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: the way i saw it was that kenny is in a bad mood (understandably) and just gives a snarky comment, more a joke than an actual statement on how he believes the world works

That's what I thought too. Or maybe he was just embarrased that she knocked him on his ass.

• I think the thread should be called "Kenny really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic" instead

• @FollowLilly said: I think the thread should be called "Kenny really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic" instead

To be fair, Kenny isn't writing the story. Which I think is good, considering I don't think he could even read that well.

• @YamiRaziel said: Best moment ever. He actually got scared and didn't see it coming at all :D

I think that Kenny's character is perfectly intact. Most of us predicted he's exactly the man he turned out to be ever since episode 2. If you failed to see it, or just didn't want to accept it... well that's your fault.
    There is even a line in ep. 4 that is purposefully put there to tell you that all our analyses from F*** Kenny thread were correct. The line is something like this:
    Lee: Molly saved your life man.
    Kenny: So what? What has she done for me lately?

i'm not a kenny fan, you can find my post in that f*** kenny thread. i just think it was pretty stupid for all of his loyalty to fall on that one decision. it should be a far left, middle, far right. according to how often we've agreed or disagreed, kenny responds applicably.

• @Rock114 said: To be fair, Kenny isn't writing the story. Which I think is good, considering I don't think he could even read that well.

hah! :D

• There's a scene in the school where Kenny and Ben are working on the Armory door and Kenny is busting Lee for giving Molly the battery and Lee points out that Molly had saved Kenny's ass twice, to which Kenny replies "Yeah, well what has she done for me lately?" That line summed up Kenny perfectly.

• That line was funny. However, it was like a caption someone puts on a picture of Kenny, not what he says himself. Maybe Kenny doesn't realize how true it is.

• Yeah, if you save Shawn and side with Larry in the drug store, but kill Larry in the meat locker, Kenny will act as a best bud to Lee. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering how the episode 1 choices that concerned his family are being out of light when compared to the meat locker situation.

• @Zeruis said: Yeah, if you save Shawn and side with Larry in the drug store, but kill Larry in the meat locker, Kenny will act as a best bud to Lee. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering how the episode 1 choices that concerned his family are being out of light when compared to the meat locker situation.

exactly, it doesn't make any sense.

• I didn't help Kenny kill Larry either, but I did help him when shit was going down with his family. Hence, when I was trying to get him on board for saving Clem, I appealed to that by explaining that I helped his family, so he should do the same. What did you guys do, just tell him he NEEDED to help? At the end of the day sometimes if you insist on yourself to someone who you've had disagreements with, maybe they won't risk their neck for you.

Add Comment