User Avatar Image

[TWD] 360 saves corrupted

posted by Shinuzi on - last edited - Viewed by 934 users

First off, I want to say that I have felt extremely let down in terms of support. I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of any communication between me and Telltale "support"

Now the actual problem. My 360 saves are corrupted. My saves no longer have my choices. They all recommend restarting at the first episode with random choices, even though I have beat every episode besides 4.

I don't know how many issues there are with 360 customers. But seeing a stickied thread for just PS3 Users and their save corruption, and that Telltale is communicating ONLY with Sony, infuriates me. This isn't just a PS3 issue, and I feel Telltale is handling all these problems with the poorest of customer service.

Please delete my other thread. I do not believe Telltale will look at it because I didn't put TWD in brackets for the title.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • same problems, first install of epsiode 1 and 2 goes with release of epsiode 3

@MattP said: We released a title update for the Walking Dead just after Episode 2 became available. You would have been prompted to download and install this update anytime after it's release if you were on xbox live when you started playing the Walking Dead. Clearing your system cache will remove the update, and it would need to be reacquired before playing the game again.

You mentioned that the 3rd save slot is the only one that loads. We are aware of this issue and investigating a solution. However, this save slot should function normally. If episode 1 begins when selecting this slot, and you you had save progress past that point, then it's likely you need to reacquire the title update. Please make sure you are logged into your account and connected to xbox live before launching the game again.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Please try logging out of your profile once you are in the game. You will be taken to the title screen. Log back in and then press Continue. If this does not work, please verify your save slots are working properly.

To do this, load your save from slot 1. Once in game, pause and return to the main menu. Look at your save slots and make sure slot 1 is highlighted. Now load your save from slot 2. Once in game, again pause and return to the main menu. Look at your save slots and make sure slot 2 is highlighted. Now load slot 3, and once in game pause and return to the menu and check to see that slot 3 is highlighted.

If each slot was properly highlighted, but still only loads episode 1, then your save games are more than likely lost. To ensure you do not encounter this issue again, please exit the game to the dashboard, go to your settings and then storage and delete the save game for your user profile. This will reset your prefs when you next log in and your saves should act properly going forward.

• Is there any hope of a patch, or will I just have to do the workaround?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

We are still working on patching this issue. Please note that the workaround is only a way to get your game back to a playable state and then maintaining this state until a patch is released. As long as you always exit the game through the Main menu, you should not experience this issue.

• [quote=mattp;699198]we are aware of the xbox only issue where no matter which save slot is selected, only 1 will load. We do know that this issue only occurs when episode 4 is installed, and appears to occur when the last played save file has a completed episode 3 save. Removing episode 4 will allow other slots to be accessed, and it's possible that completing (or re-completing) episode 3 on another slot will allow that slot to be accessed once episode 4 is installed. We are actively trying to track down the cause of this issue, and once we do, we will offer a fix.[/quote]

how do you remove ep.4 from xbox?

• @MattP said: We are still working on patching this issue. Please note that the workaround is only a way to get your game back to a playable state and then maintaining this state until a patch is released. As long as you always exit the game through the Main menu, you should not experience this issue.

Will I have to do the workaround before a patch is released in order for my game to work properly again?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

To remove Episode 4, exit to the Dashboard, tab all the way to the right and find the Settings, then Storage option. Find the Walking Dead folder, open it, find Episode 4 only, and then choose to delete it. Make sure you only delete Episode 4!

In regards to the workaround, you should still have access to 1 save slot, though if you would like to play from the save files on the other save slots before the patch is released, then yes you would need to use the workaround. Again, please note that the workaround does not modify or change any files, all it does reload the game to the same state it was in before the other slots became unaccessible. As long as you exit through the Main menu, you should not have this problem again.

• @MattP said: To remove Episode 4, exit to the Dashboard, tab all the way to the right and find the Settings, then Storage option. Find the Walking Dead folder, open it, find Episode 4 only, and then choose to delete it. Make sure you only delete Episode 4!

In regards to the workaround, you should still have access to 1 save slot, though if you would like to play from the save files on the other save slots before the patch is released, then yes you would need to use the workaround. Again, please note that the workaround does not modify or change any files, all it does reload the game to the same state it was in before the other slots became unaccessible. As long as you exit through the Main menu, you should not have this problem again.

Do I need to do the workaround in order for the patch to work if one comes out?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

No, once the patch is released, you should only need to restart your console and it should take effect. Since we are still testing this, I can include more specifics once they are known.

Add Comment