User Avatar Image

The unofficial fate of Ben poll.

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 449 users

So, here we are.. Everyone who said Pre-Ep4 that they wanted the option to kill Ben because of all the crap that happened previously.

Did you follow through or not?

Me, at first I did because I figured that knowing how these games have gone previously that if I tried to rescue him, something stupid would have happened and he would have fallen to his death anyway. But then as he smashed into the ground at the bottom of the stairwell, crying as the walkers started to eat him...

Well, I was like "damnnn lol that's really f*@king cold..."

So I rewound to see if I could actually save his stupid @ss. To my surprise, yes I could. And I'm glad I did too because when convincing him to come help search for Clementine. I told him that she was basically the reason he's still alive. And as a result he said "By the end of all this, I will make it up to everyone." Then the plotmarker checked at the top left noting that "You gave Ben the chance to prove himself", I wont forget that Telltale.;)

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @KingOfTheDead said: you can look it up

Just did,

@Gary, honestly. Congratulations! I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, did you write it alone or with a team?

• @KingOfTheDead said: Gary is there a chance molly will appear next episode...

Not to mention, confirming or denying a rumor would be a spoiler. :p

• i think this was the best episode @gary but was this how this was originaly gonna happen just speculating seeing how on the picture of the episode hes wearing the ep. 2 costume and i don't think he would have the bite with it

• @AsariTears said: So, here we are.. Everyone who said Pre-Ep4 that they wanted the option to kill Ben because of all the crap that happened previously.

Did you follow through or not?

Me, at first I did because I figured that knowing how these games have gone previously that if I tried to rescue him, something stupid would have happened and he would have fallen to his death anyway. But then as he smashed into the ground at the bottom of the stairwell, crying as the walkers started to eat him...

Well, I was like "damnnn lol that's really f*@king cold..."

So I rewound to see if I could actually save his stupid @ss. To my surprise, yes I could. And I'm glad I did too because when convincing him to come help search for Clementine. I told him that she was basically the reason he's still alive. And as a result he said "By the end of all this, I will make it up to everyone." Then the plotmarker checked at the top left noting that "You gave Ben the chance to prove himself", I wont forget that Telltale.;)

Oh...I let him die. Ever since he admitted to being the traitor I've wanted him dead. No rewind in my game. Ben was a traitor and a continuing threat to the group by means of gross incompetence and cowardice.

He did die a horrible death but no pity for traitors in my game.

• Looks like another full playthrough is in store. Will make sure I'm ready at the "dinner" incident so i don't use ANY rewinds :P

• Changed my mind, and saved him.

• Nice job on Episode 4 Gary, it was awesome! It felt like I got kicked in the gut after I killed Ben and found out he would have lived afterward, so great job making me miss a character that was at the bottom of my priorities list! And since I don't believe in rewinding, I guess I have to live with it...

• I picked the third option. I never really wanted to kill him, just throw him out of the group, but between the game not giving you the opportunity to tell him to leave and nearly getting the group killed at Crawford by taking the hatchet that was barring the main door, I had it with the disaster zone...I just had to let him go.

• @Rock114 said: Nice job on Episode 4 Gary, it was awesome! It felt like I got kicked in the gut after I killed Ben and found out he would have lived afterward, so great job making me miss a character that was at the bottom of my priorities list! And since I don't believe in rewinding, I guess I have to live with it...

I think this is what will happen on my next playthrough, my instinct reaction was to drop him, and only rewound to see if you actually "could" rescue him. When I found out you could. I didn't bother reloading again. But still, my gut reaction was to drop him, so I suppose I should have lived with that.

I got through all of Ep's 1 and 3 without rewinding. So I'm going to stick with 3/5. No matter what dumb choices I make in Ep5.

I do have one complaint though Gary, if you ever read this;

WHY YOU KILL LEE FOR!?

Add Comment