User Avatar Image

Haven't received any Newsletter since June

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Hi,
I haven't received any Interloper Newsletter since June. I revised my options, and the box "Send me the newsletter" is checked.
Why can't I receive the newsletter?
Thanks a lot.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think I have the same issue (no e-mails for the blog newsletter I subscribed to and no e-mail notifications for new TWD episodes) and got some replies to my recent support request: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=690180#post690180

• @gnubelebung said: I think I have the same issue (no e-mails for the blog newsletter I subscribed to and no e-mail notifications for new TWD episodes) and got some replies to my recent support request: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=690180#post690180

To be honest, I call shenanigans on the response you got there. If weekly emails were no longer being sent out, the "Telltale as it happens" weekly notification option would have been removed from the subscription settings page.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

In regards to the Interloper, we have not sent that out for the last few months, but hope to begin sending it out on a monthly basis starting this month. The other newsletters are no longer being sent out.

• @MattP said: In regards to the Interloper, we have not sent that out for the last few months, but hope to begin sending it out on a monthly basis starting this month. The other newsletters are no longer being sent out.

Why have the digest settings hung around? It seems awfully confusing for them to still be there if they don't exist anymore.

I haven't received an Interloper since June 2011.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

I looked into your account and this makes sense as you unsusbscribed from all newsletters on June 14th, 2011.

• As I mentioned via support email, this was not something I had done intentionally (if it was indeed through my own action), and the options in my subscriptions settings have been enabled the entire time.

Regardless of why it happened, I'm more interested in a resolution so that I can receive stuff going forwards.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

I'll look into this further and see if I can re-activate these options for you. If they are set to enabled, possibly unsubscribing and re-subscribing might remedy the problem.

EDIT: I was able to access the database that governs these options and have selected to uncheck the 'unsubscribe' box. Hopefully this did the trick. According to my records, you have now opted back in, as of today.

• @MattP said: I'll look into this further and see if I can re-activate these options for you. If they are set to enabled, possibly unsubscribing and re-subscribing might remedy the problem.

I've previously tried unticking and reticking the options in my subscription settings page.

In case it ends up shedding any light on the situation, there was a time (year or two before I stopped receiving the Interloper) when I was receiving duplicates of newsletters, but it was never explained to me how that ended up happening, and I have no idea whether it may be helpful or relevant information.

@MattP said: EDIT: I was able to access the database that governs these options and have selected to uncheck the 'unsubscribe' box. Hopefully this did the trick. According to my records, you have now opted back in, as of today.

Great! I'll keep an eye out. :)

Would you mind posting here when the next Interloper goes out so that I/we can know if it doesn't arrive?

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

I'll try to remember, but you can understand that I might forget as it looks like it might be early to mid-November before the next one goes out (don't hold me to this date!).

• I'm good at noticing when those Interlopers come out, so I'll post if Matt forgets.

Add Comment