User Avatar Image

Lee's bite

posted by Levatio on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Ok, this is not a "please don't kill Lee" post cause i think him magically surviving a bite would be a huge cop out.
But still.. that "bite" looks rather shallow, barely even broke through the skin.

I don't believe there's been a character in kirkman's apocaverse that has had this type of bite and died of said bite yet (correct me if i'm wrong), it's always a gaping wound or atleast a proper bite where the bacteria filled saliva can enter the bloodstream.

This however looks like he only grazed the walkers teeth, so it's highly likely that it won't even get infected.
And if it does could it not be surviveable? As far as i know Kirkman's zombiebites only lead to a infection which kill you.. and not supernaturally / virally turn you into a zombie.

So if it's just your run of the mill decomposing-corpse bacteria that kill you..
Wouldnt a healthy adult like Lee survive such a graze where he's barely touched by the bacteria.. hell it was even deep enough to enter a vein from the look of it.
He didnt even notice it untill after he killed the walker!

So isnt it possible.. even plausible that Lee wont even die from this and just go on to slowly walk/crawl away from zombies like the non-running anti-stereotypical badass he is?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As far as I know, a bite like Lee's (which might only not look so bad because of the game's art style) or even a scratch has never been addressed in The Walking Dead universe. Although, I'm pretty sure a bite is a bite. The saliva transferred by a walker when they bite a human makes the virus 100% lethal, according to the rules of Kirkman's world.

I have slim hopes of Lee surviving. I'm pretty sure he's a goner, but obviously I can't say for sure.

• yea agree with the guy above but sometimes when you scratch with your teeth no saliva is transferred. However they could go with the lily thing and just not show us that lee died and leave it up to speculation make lee go M.I.A

• Oh well, there is no virus or bacteria with 100% lethality out there, yet but on the other hand walkers are impossible, too. You can't stick to logic and science as we know it when you allow dead and decaying corpses to walk around and kill stuff. People could survive the bites depending on how strong their immune system is, if diseases work the same in the TWD universe, as they do here, however.

If it's not a virus or a fungal disease, it's a bacteria and a bite/the infection could be treated with antibiotics, greatly enhancing the patient's chances of survival, then.

• @shedim said: Oh well, there is no virus or bacteria with 100% lethality out there, yet but on the other hand walkers are impossible, too. You can't stick to logic and science as we know it when you allow dead and decaying corpses to walk around and kill stuff. People could survive the bites depending on how strong their immune system is, if diseases work the same in the TWD universe, as they do here, however.

If it's not a virus or a fungal disease, it's a bacteria and a bite/the infection could be treated with antibiotics, greatly enhancing the patient's chances of survival, then.

And considering the fact that they just looted a fudgeton of meds.

• Since I don't think we've ever seen someone with a bite quite like Lee's, it may take more time for the infection to overtake him. But in the end, the walker's teeth pierced his skin, he's infected, and he will die. But at least everyone else can still make it to safety.

• Guessing the Title "NO TIME LEFT" of episode 5 ENDS your thread discussion (Lee is going to turn.... adds suspense you know so the story keeps rollin').

• @KingOfTheDead said: M.I.A ideas the best

No way! I despise that open-ended ambiguity bullcrap!

• @AsariTears said: No way! I despise that open-ended ambiguity bullcrap!

its up to your imagination :3

• @KingOfTheDead said: its up to your imagination :3

Exactly, I hate that. It shows a lack on the writer's part; in either creativity or lack of gall to follow through on a plotline. And from seeing what Gary wrote in Ep4... He's much better than that.

Plus, I've experienced Mass Effect 3 this year. If I get anymore of that, I'll, well.. I'll just give up on gaming altogether.

Add Comment