User Avatar Image

Lee's bite

posted by Levatio on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Ok, this is not a "please don't kill Lee" post cause i think him magically surviving a bite would be a huge cop out.
But still.. that "bite" looks rather shallow, barely even broke through the skin.

I don't believe there's been a character in kirkman's apocaverse that has had this type of bite and died of said bite yet (correct me if i'm wrong), it's always a gaping wound or atleast a proper bite where the bacteria filled saliva can enter the bloodstream.

This however looks like he only grazed the walkers teeth, so it's highly likely that it won't even get infected.
And if it does could it not be surviveable? As far as i know Kirkman's zombiebites only lead to a infection which kill you.. and not supernaturally / virally turn you into a zombie.

So if it's just your run of the mill decomposing-corpse bacteria that kill you..
Wouldnt a healthy adult like Lee survive such a graze where he's barely touched by the bacteria.. hell it was even deep enough to enter a vein from the look of it.
He didnt even notice it untill after he killed the walker!

So isnt it possible.. even plausible that Lee wont even die from this and just go on to slowly walk/crawl away from zombies like the non-running anti-stereotypical badass he is?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @AsariTears said: Exactly, I hate that. It shows a lack on the writer's part; in either creativity or lack of gall to follow through on a plotline. And from seeing what Gary wrote in Ep4... He's much better than that.

Plus, I've experienced Mass Effect 3 this year. If I get anymore of that, I'll, well.. I'll just give up on gaming altogether.

they did give the endings but they should have done the indoctrin theory

• @KingOfTheDead said: they did give the endings but they should have done the indoctrin theory

lol it still makes more sense than the literary interpretation.

• I'm kind of leaning toward the fact that Lee will survive the bite in some way (not suggesting he'll survive the episode, though!)

The thing that keeps lingering with me is Ben's affirmation that "It's not the bite that kills you" (A paraphrase of sorts) when his teacher dies and turns.

Sure, we saw Duck turn, but that may also be due to the fact that he's a child and does not yet have a fully-developed immune system?

Just some thoughts...

• I don't know if he will really dies because of the bite. Probably it will be a heroic death. Nevertheless he is biten and will turn into a zombie if nobody kills him first. This is the golden rule in every real zombie story. bite = zombification, even the smallest scratch

• Can I say whats up with this 100% lethal crap. Kirkman never put "if one tooth penertrates the skin then one shall die" people state it as fact. It isnt.
    Lee will probs die. But its annoying on multiple threads to see people making up this fact.

• @KingOfTheDead said: they did give the endings but they should have done the indoctrin theory

That would have been just genius and people would have loved them for adopting that idea, but obviously they were too stupid to take advantage of that golden opportunity and sticked to their oh so artistic BS ending, instead.
    Mass Effect 3 is my by far biggest disappointment ever in my history as a gamer.

Just have a look at kubismo at deviantart.com. His fanfiction ending is by far better than anything Bioware could come up with, ever. It's a shame they've been to arrogant to redo the ending.

I'm convinced TWD is not going to end up well, but the ending will be decent, touching and well thought. However, there is no way Lee's going to survive Season 1.

• I don't know if he will really dies because of the bite. Probably it will be a heroic death. Nevertheless he is biten and will turn into a zombie if nobody kills him first. This is the golden rule in every real zombie story. bite = zombification, even the smallest scratch

It's no good using 'rules' from other stories. In TWD "it is not the bite that does it", as Ben said. Referring to turning you into a zombie, you can die any way that does not physically destroy the brain, and you will 'zombify'. Scratches (in the comic, as this is what the games consider canon) have not been dealt with. With the bite, saliva would be transferred directly to bloodstream, but because nothing else is touched on (yet) that is an assumption. Just as when they had only seen people die from bites, and come back as zombies, it was assumed it was the bite that turned you.

• It's kinda inconsistent in the TWD zombieverse that a bite always kills you if you don't amputate. Kirkman says it's because of the infection with the saliva into the bloodstream.
    Yet in the comics one can deep-kiss a zombiegirl (without teeth) and nothing happens, though there are ALWAYS microscopic wounds inside one's mouth. You can even bathe in zombieblood/body-fluids and nothing happens, yet a fucking scratch kills you.

• I'm pretty sure they made it a shallow bite specifically so they have some breathing room to decide if Lee's gonna turn into a Walker or not later on. If it was a huge gashing wound, well there wouldn't be much to wonder about there.

• Isn't everybody all infected? So does it even matter? Or does getting bitten guarentee his death and set a limit on how long he is going to survive?

Add Comment