User Avatar Image

Question about Kenny.

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 290 users

What does it take to get him to come with you to the fallout shelter?

Like does anyone know the specific plot flag that needs to be checked?

I've heard some people say they sided with him the whole time except for with Shaun at the start and he still didn't want to go. But then I've heard other people say that they sided with him up until the meat locker incident and then stopped caring and he didn't want to go either.

So does anyone know how to get this?

I've only got one playthrough so far in which Chris, Omid and Ben are present. But I'm going to do another playthrough because it'd be interesting to see how things play out differently.

So help please?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think saving Ben effects your relationship with Kenny, I saved Ben and Kenny said he was my friend and I've always been for him and he'd be a terrible friend if he didn't come, so he still came without persuasion regardless of me saving Ben.

• @Brody100 said: I don't think saving Ben effects your relationship with Kenny, I saved Ben and Kenny said he was my friend and I've always been for him and he'd be a terrible friend if he didn't come, so he still came without persuasion regardless of me saving Ben.

Congratulations. Your friend is a mentally unstable, idiotic, utterly annoying redneck and your friendship is built on other people's deaths, such as Shawn, Larry, the unknown woman in the streets...even Kenny's own son.

• things which I did "for" Kenny: I helped Duck on Hershel's farm; deffended him against Larry; gave Duck food; sided with Kenny in the most conversations against Lilly; helped him to kill Larry; didn't kill the biten woman; kicked Lilly out of the truck; shot his son (lol funny to write it to the positive things)
    things which I did "against" him: didn't take the food; didn't kill Ben and asked him to join our final group
    things which I don't know if he likes or dislikes it: kicked his ass in the train (afterwards he is thanksfull for that); convinced him to shoot the zombie boy (thought it would help him in this cruel world to become a loyal badass..)

After all that he joined my group without convincing. I only said that he have to get over it (because of Ben)

About Ben.. I think you are all overreacting. yes, he is kind of an stupid idiot but he didn't do anything real evil to anyone. He's just a boy -> can't kill a boy in such times, hopefully he becomes usefull one day.

• @shedim said: Kenny is an idiot, anyway. The only time when he did something decent was when he helped you get up in the drugstore after Larry broke your face. I don't know why people only hate Ben because both are equally stupid cowards.

True - but I was actually hoping that that one event wasn't his make or break point.

• @DreadMagus said: True - but I was actually hoping that that one event wasn't his make or break point.

Let's see what happens in Episode 5. So far Kenny was a disappointment.

• In my game Kenny elected to guard the boat, instead of finding Clem, because he had "issues" with Ben... I don't think Kenny can do anything to redeem himself - except an at the last moment "save the team" moment....

• I talked him into coming with me, but I regret not telling him to f off. I'd probably broke his face for being such a joke after all I did for him and went through because of him.

• I was going to post another thread about this because it's kind of off-topic. But i've made a lot of threads today and don't wanna clog up the boards.

So here it is..

Why do people shoot Duck instead of letting Kenny do it?

I made Kenny do it because I was afraid he'd resent Lee if he did it himself.

Also, for people that killed Duck themselves. How does this affect the 'boy in the attic' scene? Because I know if you let Kenny kill Duck he is deeply affected by that scene. So much so that I couldn't even consider getting Kenny to kill the poor kid.

• It's the same. Lee just referrs to how he helped out Kenny in the Duck situation.

• It seemed to also help his mental state at the time as well. Conversation went something like 'No one could kill their own child, but you can help this boy, he needs your help, send him on his way to be with his family'. It seemed like it gave him purpose, even if just for a minute.

Add Comment