User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No issue here... This is how they build Kennys character. He's stubborn and it takes A LOT to ake him be satisfied with you. There are plenty of people like that in the world and that is how Kenny is.

Deal with it. It's either your all for Kenny or not.

Also Kenny doesn't appreciate anything really. When molly saves his life he's says "heh she hasn't done anything for me lately" in the classroom. This shows that you have to suck Kennys dick to get him on your side. But seriously he doesn't appreciate anything and he doesn't even appreciate someone SAVING HIS LIFE ESPECIALLY AFTER HE TRIED TO KILL HER!

It's all in the character development, very interesting.

• @lackingsaint said: I didn't help Kenny kill Larry either, but I did help him when shit was going down with his family. Hence, when I was trying to get him on board for saving Clem, I appealed to that by explaining that I helped his family, so he should do the same. What did you guys do, just tell him he NEEDED to help? At the end of the day sometimes if you insist on yourself to someone who you've had disagreements with, maybe they won't risk their neck for you.

that's not the point, kenny came with me as well. it's the response you receive before you have to talk him into it.

• @Christoaster said: No issue here... This is how they build Kennys character. He's stubborn and it takes A LOT to ake him be satisfied with you. There are plenty of people like that in the world and that is how Kenny is.

Deal with it. It's either your all for Kenny or not.

Also Kenny doesn't appreciate anything really. When molly saves his life he's says "heh she hasn't done anything for me lately" in the classroom. This shows that you have to suck Kennys dick to get him on your side. But seriously he doesn't appreciate anything and he doesn't even appreciate someone SAVING HIS LIFE ESPECIALLY AFTER HE TRIED TO KILL HER!

It's all in the character development, very interesting.

it's not about kenny, it's TTG. they made the larry decision way too important. i could understand if he held a grudge about me trying to kick duck out, or not feeding his boy, but not agreeing with him to kill larry? pfft.

• @marcu5 said: it's not about kenny, it's TTG. they made the larry decision way too important. i could understand if he held a grudge about me trying to kick duck out, or not feeding his boy, but not agreeing with him to kill larry? pfft.

Because refusing to help him kill Larry potentially put his whole family in danger. If he died in there, who would save Kat and Duck? But since he kills Larry wheter you help him or not, I figured he wouldn't hold a grudge for so long. I guess I was very wrong, especially after he doesn't help you twice.

• @Viser said: Because refusing to help him kill Larry potentially put his whole family in danger. If he died in there, who would save Kat and Duck? But since he kills Larry wheter you help him or not, I figured he wouldn't hold a grudge for so long. I guess I was very wrong, especially after he doesn't help you twice.

kenny didn't even save kat, that was me. i don't know where duck was during that time but considering i killed both brothers; you'd think kenny would be kissing my ass.

you're trying to justify TTG's poor writing. i get they wanted to make kennys character out to be a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy. just saying ALL of his loyalty should not be based on one decision. they should have atleast added a 3 point system, and went based on how many times we've agreed or disagreed. they should have made kenny irrational, loyal, or middle ground.

• Why can't one decision be the deciding factor? It's very true to life for one thing. There are people who are very much all or nothing regarding relationships.

• @marcu5 said: kenny didn't even save kat, that was me. i don't know where duck was during that time but considering i killed both brothers; you'd think kenny would be kissing my ass.

you're trying to justify TTG's poor writing. i get they wanted to make kennys character out to be a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy. just saying ALL of his loyalty should not be based on one decision. they should have atleast added a 3 point system, and went based on how many times we've agreed or disagreed. they should have made kenny irrational, loyal, or middle ground.

He didn't save Kat because apparently he went for Duck first. And he didn't even know what was happening inside the house. It's safe to say he thought about going through the backdoor (which is where Andy and Duck were), while Lee thought about the front door first. And he does try to save Duck, he even gets shot.
    And yeah, I'm justifying it because to me it makes perfect sense. I completely disagree with it being poor writing. And about Kenny's personality, the first thing you see is that there isn't a middle ground... for instance, when you try to reason with Larry, Kenny sees it as going against him. Thought that was pretty obvious. To Kenny, you're either with him, or against him.

• @marcu5 said: it's not about kenny, it's TTG. they made the larry decision way too important. i could understand if he held a grudge about me trying to kick duck out, or not feeding his boy, but not agreeing with him to kill larry? pfft.

Not really. You have to side with him in EVERYTHING. He's a selfish character.

• @Christoaster said: Not really. You have to side with him in EVERYTHING. He's a selfish character.

False. I refused to steal the food from the car in Episode 2 and shot the girl in Episode 3. By shooting the girl, I put him directly in danger and he STILL came back to save me from the door. I pretty much assaulted him through everything up until I talked him down on the train, and even kept saying how we needed to take care of Duck, and even through all that he STILL gave me the "You're my friend, I have your back no matter what" speech at the end of 4. It's just the really big things you ahve to side with him on apparently, and I think he was right on everything but killing Ben.

• I think you are being irrational here. I too didn't help kill Larry. That's not the deciding factor. Kenny still said I always had his back when it mattered and comes freely. There are for SURE several other occasions where you disagreed with him. I disagreed with him like 3 or 4 times but still he comes with me. And yes even tho I refused to kill Larry.

Add Comment