User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 14.2K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: One more thing. I WANT TO PRAISE TELLTALE FOR THE GREATER NUMBER OF CHOICES! Allowing Clem to go with the old guy, saving Ben, the group you go with in the last episode...it was amazing.

But, why is everyone here saying they miss Carley. Am I the only one that.....saved Doug?

i saved doug

• @ThaabitArnub said: Hey...Nowhere in the comics to date has ANYBODY survived a bite by amputating the biten limb. Not even Dale. Reread it and you'll see. Come :mad: on everybody.

Dude, you're way off. Dale absolutely did survive his bite from walkers. he was bit outside the prison and then survived months, possibly more than a year. He never got sick from the bite at all. He even explicitly stated in one issue that he was the first person anyone knew of to survive a Walker bite.

• In regards to Lee not cleaning the wound, I thought that as well. I mean, I've always been a person who says, "If someone in my group got bit, I wouldn't fancy delusions that they'd survive." But when I saw Lee get bit, I kept telling myself he could survive it. So if I were him, yeah, the first thing I'd do is run inside and clean the heck out of that wound.

• @Tomi021 said: i saved doug

Same here. Was pissed when he died too. Was probably the nicest person in the group.

This game is getting depressing, the first two episodes were so upbeat and had a feeling of exploring a new world kind of deal. But now I just find myself expecting someone to die at every turn. Guess that's how it works in a zombie apocalypse.

• Getting back on topic...

I rated it mediocre. There's no conflict in the story at all, nothing any logical person would have to think hard about. The saddest moment is actually the boy in the attic, everything else was meh.
    Now if I was to include the fact that the game crashed and wiped all my progress, I'd rate it abominable. I don't feel much motivation to play through the whole thing again and I can't accurately recreate my choices and mistakes.

• @quietthinker said: Dude, you're way off. Dale absolutely did survive his bite from walkers. he was bit outside the prison and then survived months, possibly more than a year. He never got sick from the bite at all. He even explicitly stated in one issue that he was the first person anyone knew of to survive a Walker bite.

U ain't see my threads after this huh? Duh... I figured that out already. Damn, guy can't make a mistake.

• I was wondering, how many people killed that first walker as soon as you exit the sewer in Crawford with their gun, because I didn't seem to have a choice there and lee went and 'axed' him a question. I've seen exactly one person use their gun to dispatch that walker guard. What exactly affects this decision? How do I make Lee shoot him? Mostly, I just want to hear Lee casually ask the guard,
    "How's it going?:cool:" before shooting him like the true badass he is. Lee must be as Badass as possible in my playthrough, so that dialogue is a must. How do?:confused:

• @ImmortalAbraham said: I was wondering, how many people killed that first walker as soon as you exit the sewer in Crawford with their gun, because I didn't seem to have a choice there and lee went and 'axed' him a question. I've seen exactly one person use their gun to dispatch that walker guard. What exactly affects this decision? How do I make Lee shoot him? Mostly, I just want to hear Lee casually ask the guard,
    "How's it going?:cool:" before shooting him like the true badass he is. Lee must be as Badass as possible in my playthrough, so that dialogue is a must. How do?:confused:

I too would like to know. I have done two plays one where I use the gun and one where its hatchet time. No clue how I did one and not the other.

• hi in which date for ep 4 for ipad?

Add Comment