User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 11.7K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: Regardless this thread isn't the place for it. This part of the forum isn't the place for it. The support area is there for a reason. But be realistic. They're not going to reply to every thread with a problem (and I say they when it's really just one guy) as that is just a waste of resources. Just because a reply has not been given doesn't mean that the problems are not being looked into.

You're right...this isn't the place for it. Many members of this community though have been effected by this bug though. Personally, I feel as though the rest of the community should be aware of this and more critical of TT for this issue because it completely ruins the experience of the game. My initial play through can never be had with this game now. The real appeal of this game for me was how i was going to react when presented with difficult decisions. These decisions no longer have any mystery to them because I know the outcome. So sorry for venting on this thread, but this is complete bullshit and we gamers as the driving force that keeps this industry alive shouldn't have to experience such game breaking errors without so much as an apology.

• can someone tell me if telltale will port twd on android cause i have a galaxy s3 and i really want to play this game on my phone

• @mkane24 said: So sorry for venting on this thread, but this is complete bullshit and we gamers as the driving force that keeps this industry alive shouldn't have to experience such game breaking errors without so much as an apology.

Look, it's obvious you're pissed. It's obvious that many people who have run into the same issue are also pissed. But as I mentioned to another person, demanding an apology is not a good way to get a sincere one. Relentlessly putting down the company, insulting its employees and insinuating that they ignore their fanbase are all pretty heavy accusations. Some of the language I've seen on this site over what was an honest mistake -- a big one, granted, but still honest -- has been truly hideous.

Lest everyone forgets, Telltale also made episodes one through three, which people here loved. That, at least, is why I grow incredibly defensive when I see people show up on these boards and accuse the company of somehow being disingenuous. That's not intended to minimize the seriousness of lost savegames, but it would be nice if the gamers here -- who enjoyed TT's previous episodes and efforts -- would cut the company a little slack.

• Lucidity, I love this game....That's why this is so aggravating. The story is amazing and I'm on the edge of my seat the entire time i play...but if the game can't even hold my saves its complete bullshit.

• My question for TT is can they confirm episode 5 will not delete the users data?

• So... can Lee really pick locks?

• I guess the community no longer has questions for TWD team

• I need to ask something regarding the second episode, it's been bothering me for a while... is there a way to NOT open the barn door on episode 2? Because I remember I couldn't open it on my first playthrough (before episode 3 deleted my saves) because I clicked on it and Lee dropped the multitool, then Andy came in. But then, when I had to replay the episode, I couldn't make it happen again. This has been bugging me, can you actually NOT open the door, or is my mind tricking me? I also remember not opening the door was one of the things that made me think that there was nothing wrong with the St. John's, because I didn't get to see their personal slaughterhouse before dinner.

• User Avatar Image
    ArthurV Telltale Staff

@Viser said: I need to ask something regarding the second episode, it's been bothering me for a while... is there a way to NOT open the barn door on episode 2?

Yup! Just leave the barn after solving the generator puzzle. You don't need to open the door.

• @ArthurV said: Yup! Just leave the barn after solving the generator puzzle. You don't need to open the door.

That's pretty cool, actually. But what about the situation I described, is there a scene where Lee tries to use the multitool but accidentally drops it without opening the door?

Add Comment