User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tragictwist said: I haven't read the book yet, but I read a review that said they were disappointed in this Lily because she's a very different character (less of a badass). :(

From what I've read so far, this seems true. ):

• Yeah, we knew her father would be different in this book. How about her character and personality?

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah, we knew her father would be different in this book. How about her character and personality?

Yeah but the back story of how he died is completely different and yeah her character isn't the same. she's very timid and anxious. but i suggest reading the book anyway

• @CupcakeUnicorn said: Yeah but the back story of how he died is completely different and yeah her character isn't the same. she's very timid and anxious. but i suggest reading the book anyway

Timid and anxious!!!

So Kirkman has definitely ignored everything to do with game Lilly. If I was Telltale I'd be pissed,they get the go ahead to create Lilly's backstory only for Kirkman to change his mind "I've now decided I can do better"

Telltale removing the line "one day Lilly will have a big impact on Rick's life", in their cast list, shows that she's a different Lilly,she isn't Lilly Caul anymore.
    It seems that players who wanted to murder Lilly should of had the option after all...

• @FarmerJoe said: Timid and anxious!!!

So Kirkman has definitely ignored everything to do with game Lilly. If I was Telltale I'd be pissed,they get the go ahead to create Lilly's backstory only for Kirkman to change his mind "I've now decided I can do better"

Telltale removing the line "one day Lilly will have a big impact on Rick's life", in their cast list, shows that she's a different Lilly,she isn't Lilly Caul anymore.
    It seems that players who wanted to murder Lilly should of had the option after all...

Hilarious...

I am a noob when it comes to TWD, only seen the show and heard about what happens up to the prison in the comics. I'm not familiar with the comic characters but from my understanding this Lilly from the game was supposed to be the Lilly from the comics? But now this might not be the case? That sucks. Maybe Telltale's game can just be an alternate universe now and can feature Rick and co doing something different?

I'm going to assume that characters like Carley, Doug, Mark, and the St. John's are purely from the game right? No comic incarnations?

• @Macon Bacon said: I'm going to assume that characters like Carley, Doug, Mark, and the St. John's are purely from the game right? No comic incarnations?

As well as Larry, Kenny, Lee, Clem, and pretty much everyone else. Aside from Hershel, Glenn, and Lilly nobody had any ties with the comics other than being set in the same universe.

• @Rock114 said: As well as Larry, Kenny, Lee, Clem, and pretty much everyone else. Aside from Hershel, Glenn, and Lilly nobody had any ties with the comics other than being set in the same universe.

Thanks, figured as much. Would be kinda cool if some of these characters showed up in the comic/show. At least I'd think so.

• @Macon Bacon said: Hilarious...

I am a noob when it comes to TWD, only seen the show and heard about what happens up to the prison in the comics. I'm not familiar with the comic characters but from my understanding this Lilly from the game was supposed to be the Lilly from the comics? But now this might not be the case? That sucks. Maybe Telltale's game can just be an alternate universe now and can feature Rick and co doing something different?

I'm going to assume that characters like Carley, Doug, Mark, and the St. John's are purely from the game right? No comic incarnations?

Glenn and Herschel are in the game,comics and show and Telltale originally got permission to write about Lilly as if she was the same one as the comic character but Robert KirKman(the creator) later decided he wanted to write a book about Lilly's backstory himself.
    Which means that game Lilly is now a differnt Lilly?!

I suppose,unless Telltale decide to do more with their Lilly, players who read the comics but not the books can choose to make game Lilly canon if they want.

The others are all original game characters.

The book arrived for me this morning...
    I'll read it but it's a big disappointment that the Lilly's don't match now.

• Telltale could have gave us a better ending for Lily but had to make it unfinished because she was supposed to be comic Lily.

Now she can be the lead for season 2 since she's not comic Lily.

Kirkman sucks though. I wonder how many people ordered the book because of the game?

• Shawn is a comic book character as well. That's why you can't save him in ep. 1 no matter what :D

Yeah, well it is kinda sad. Lilly's story in the game was the perfect background of both the book and the comics. Kirkman turned a potentially strong character and story into a "meh" situation... I don't think that was a smart choice on his part. He could've done it easily. Just mention what Kenny does to her father and it's fine. In all players' choices Kenny is the one to kill Larry. She doesn't have to remember about Lee or Carley/Doug... He could've just mentioned the accident later, without being specific as to who Lilly killed. Seriously it wouldn't have been that difficult.

Am I imagining things or are people much more supportive of Lilly now that ep.3 is in the past? Especially after some of them realized what an asshole Kenny is I'm definitely sure I see more people posting stuff like "I like Lilly, she was cool".

Add Comment