User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 94.0K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @parazito86 said: What is better console Xbox 360 or PS3? :)
    smile.gif

Thems fighting words on a forum!

• @parazito86 said: What is better console Xbox 360 or PS3? :)
    smile.gif

Depends on what you want to do with it.

Up until the recent 360 "slim" model, I would have said PS3 every single fricken time because of the red ring of death. Exclusives and graphics be damned--rampant, frequent hardware failure is a bitch. Fortunately, with the new model they seem to have that problem under control for the most part.

Anyways, PS3 not only plays BluRay movies but is the best BluRay player on the market; access to PS3's online features is free; and PS3's hard drive can be easily replaced with any size 2.5" laptop hard drive. XBox 360, on the other hand, at least earlier on more often than not had better graphics for multiplatform games; and XBox Live, while it costs money, supposedly has better support, compatibility with games/headsets and ease of use (or so I hear from reviews).

The advantage of exclusives between the two consoles seems to have switched places. It used to be that 360 had the upper hand with more exclusives, but from the list of games I'm looking at, the PS3 has more now.

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if you want the BluRay capability; if you want to be required to pay for online features; if you prefer XBL to PSN; if you care about 360's slight edge in graphics quality; if you care that 360's HDDs are proprietary while a PS3 can use recycled HDDs from a laptop; and if you'd rather play Halo, Gears of War and Tales of Vesperia on 360, or instead play inFamous, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Heavy Rain, Resistance and Metal Gear on PS3.

You can see which one I'd pick. Oh wait. I did pick. After all, I did need a BluRay player.

• You should get that new console that is the latest buzz. The Sega Dreamcast.

• @GaryCXJk said: You should get that new console that is the latest buzz. The Sega Dreamcast.

I have one.

• I'm worried that my roommates might blow up the apartment if I'm not around. Our pilot light went out (or at least I think it did based on the report they filed to maintenance) and they only discovered it after leaving the gas on for forty-five minutes when the oven still hadn't heated up.

I'm just imagining how big the resulting fireball would have been if someone had decided to cook something on the stove while this was going on...

• "Your computer has performed an illegal operation"

I'm a hacker! YAY

• @Alcoremortis said: I'm worried that my roommates might blow up the apartment if I'm not around. Our pilot light went out (or at least I think it did based on the report they filed to maintenance) and they only discovered it after leaving the gas on for forty-five minutes when the oven still hadn't heated up.

Did Puzzlebox ever get her oven fixed? She could provide valuable insight to your roommates.

@Alcoremortis said: "Your computer has performed an illegal operation"

I'm a hacker! YAY

The authorities will be by to arrest your computer shortly.

• @coolsome said: Thems fighting words on a forum!

I dares ya ta step over this line!
    This one!
    That one!
    This one!
    This one!
    This one!
    That one!
    *falls down cliff*

This discussion has been closed.