User Avatar Image

Can't download episode 4

posted by randomblack1 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

When I click on "Get" in the in-game downloader, it gives me an error message saying "Check internet connection". My internet connection is obviously good, though... Any ideas?

218 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hey Telltale, still getting the error that my account has no license for this game. Can anyone please help me? im getting really tired of begging for support all over the forums.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

Your account looks fine on this end, please ensure you enter your login details correctly and are connected to the internet when you launch the game.

• I feel like going off on my computer like Lee on a babysitter. Hours of staring at the two of them while my computer stays on 10% is making me crazy.

• I'm either stuck at 10 percent or i still get the message. I'm so pissed off it's not even funny.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. When you do this, choose to remove all files, including prefs and saves. After reinstalling the game, all episodes should be available again. I apologize for any loss of save games you incur during this process.

• Sorry to see that some of you are still having problems -I don't know if it will help but there are 2 things I did before Ep4 finally downloaded successfully for me:
    1- I deleted the files in the Temp Folder (not the folder itself).
    2- I launched the game in Administrative Mode (right click the game's shortcut on the desktop & click on "Run as administrator". I saw these tips on this forum & don't know if they actually helped - but they can't hurt either. Good luck...

• @MattP said: You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. When you do this, choose to remove all files, including prefs and saves. After reinstalling the game, all episodes should be available again. I apologize for any loss of save games you incur during this process.

sorry but i dont accept that as a solution, there is a law here in the UK that states goods that are sold to a consumer should be fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 you can read it here

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/understanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights/

• So matt have you guys come up with a solution yet?? I think you should start refunding people if you cant deliver the goods

• so all this time has past and i am still waiting for a fix and a reply from Mattp actually, the locked sticky at the top of the forum is false and misinforming people that the game is now fixed which it isnt. please Mattp can we have an official fix (that works) to finish my game that i paid for or give me a full refund.

i am not prepared to reinstall the whole game that is absurd!!! i have a load of time invested in the game i cant just go losing saves? please provide a fix for episode 4, the way you treat your customers is horrendus, ive been gaming for a long long time and i have never come across such a useless, ignorant company such as telltale, i feel like i have been conned.

Add Comment