User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Icedhope said: I agree with this to a point. I picked it out from the beginning Kenny was going to be a douche. He is selfish and will find any reason to hate you if you against his plan, and there have been quite a few examples.

    *The fight with Larry in Episode 1.
    *The How apprehensive he is during certain situations.

    It makes sense Kenny doesn't want to help anyone unless it benefits him in someway.

    Agreed.He is selfish!Always talking about leaving with his family,always not caring about anyone else.Always getting angry if you just don't agree with him on everything.Always nagging!

  • @corruptbiggins said: Just because it's not how you would create a character doesn't mean that Telltale's writing isn't valid or realistic.

    Kenny is a believable character and that's the main point.

    totally believable

    @corruptbiggins said: more apologist bullcrap. it's just poor writing, acknowledge it so they will do better on season 2

    keep pacifying TTG and they'll believe there's no reason to change their formula.

    the meat locker scene was a defining moment in the game for me, why not for kenny?

  • @Porr said: Kenny was a cool character up until Kat and Duck died. Understandable though, it'd be very traumatic.

    I sided with him on most things before that, he was nice to me and I remember him saying a few things that thankful for things I'd done. But it's once he beats you up on the train, things turn sour after that. He tries to talk with you shortly after(whether or not he was going to bring up the fight or thank you for being his friend but was too pissed, I don't know) but before he speaks he cuts himself off.

    I'd like to see a scene where Kenny is dying and Lee and Kenny have a "bro" moment.

    He beat you up? Aim for his fists dude and take him down like Bruce Lee. And if you talk him down (like I did) it just gets more emotional (for me, at least) when he says that he still beats himself up about letting Shawn die. That part, and then him losing his family really made me feel for him. He becomes an asshole no matter what in 4 (understandable, since 4 takes place only about a day after Kat and Duck die), but he still treatedee like a friend since in my game I sided with him up until then (mostly).

  • @thestalkinghead said:


    the meat locker scene was a defining moment in the game for me, why not for kenny?

    defining moment for what? loyalty? so if you were kenny, what would piss you off more. threatening to throw your kids out to the zombies because i believe he's been bitten. or agreeing to try CPR on an unconscious man? because if it's the latter, you're a very fickle person.


    i still can't believe TTG didn't give us an option to call kenny out on his hypocrisy with duck. if the game were truly tailored to my choices, i would have been able to suddenly kill duck w/o either of their permission. THEN kenny would have a reason to hold a damn grudge.

  • @marcu5 said: defining moment for what? loyalty? so if you were kenny, what would piss you off more. threatening to throw your kids out to the zombies because i believe he's been bitten. or agreeing to try CPR on an unconscious man? because if it's the latter, you're a very fickle person.


    i still can't believe TTG didn't give us an option to call kenny out on his hypocrisy with duck. if the game were truly tailored to my choices, i would have been able to suddenly kill duck w/o either of their permission. THEN kenny would have a reason to hold a damn grudge.

    a defining moment for your/Lee's relationship with kenny and lilly and also how lee treats a situation like that, and you cant really be all for throwing duck out, and larry could have killed all of the people in the meat locker.

    you can tell kenny off and beat him up, and really the ability to kill anybody suddenly is a bit far fetched

  • @thestalkinghead said: a defining moment for your/Lee's relationship with kenny and lilly and also how lee treats a situation like that.

    you can tell kenny off and beat him up, and really the ability to kill anybody suddenly is a bit far fetched

    You save his wife and kids immediately afterwards and even if you had his back the whole time he's still mad at you the next ep. Doesn't make since.

  • @trd84 said: You save his wife and kids immediately afterwards and even if you had his back the whole time he's still mad at you the next ep. Doesn't make since.

    but you only did that because kenny saved your life in the meat locker, because he was the only one that would do anything about the situation (kenny point of view)

  • I gotta be honest, man, if I was trapped in a meat locker with somebody and got into an argument over whether or not to crush the head of a man who may or may not turn into a zombie and eat us all ...yeah, that would be the kind of situation that would define my opinion of him forever. I hold grudges against people for things that happened years ago that were so small I barely remember what they are. The meat locker scene was an extreme situation. As extreme as you can get. Why wouldn't it define how Kenny feels about you?

  • @thestalkinghead said: but you only did that because kenny saved your life in the meat locker, because he was the only one that would do anything about the situation (kenny point of view)

    Saved his kid twice, saved his wife, stood up to Larry, Was on Kenny's side in all the arguments, fed him and his son, and not killing a guy made kenny mad at me for weeks. Even when I was still agreeing with him and being nice he would say sarcastic things back to me.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: I gotta be honest, man, if I was trapped in a meat locker with somebody and got into an argument over whether or not to crush the head of a man who may or may not turn into a zombie and eat us all ...yeah, that would be the kind of situation that would define my opinion of him forever. I hold grudges against people for things that happened years ago that were so small I barely remember what they are. The meat locker scene was an extreme situation. As extreme as you can get. Why wouldn't it define how Kenny feels about you?

    I didn't even argue with him really, I said what do we do now. Then saved his family. Then was still on his side.

Add Comment