User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @patters said: did customs try and get you

I bloody hope not, I've already had to pay a small fortune on customs charge on my last thing from the US.

• @xChri5x said: If I get 226 I'll freak out because I keep seeing that number everywhere. THE NUMBERS ARE BAD!!!

I got 226, which is creepy because I see the number 22 everywhere, and 226 is the number on my address.

• I received my #562 today.

• @t_mack said: I got 226, which is creepy because I see the number 22 everywhere, and 226 is the number on my address.

226 is the adress I had growing up

• After four months of waiting and paying $60 for the book + shipping and additional $23 they taxed me for an item purchased outside of Europe I finally got my book. Beeing one of those who preordered I thought I secured a high enough number for myself. No chance. Oy of 2500 books printed in total I got:

Telltale: This sucks! $83, all this waiting and all I get is No. 1225. Nice. I bet people who just bought the damn thing got 2XX. I am disapointed. If I knew from the start that this is how it's going to be, I would have never preordered it. I'm sure eBay will soon offer books with various numbers to choose from at similar price.

I thought the point of preordering was not only to secure a copy but also to secure a higher number. This wole number thing is a total and complete mess. If it wasn't possible to send out the numbers that correspond to orders, the books shouldn't be numbered in the first place. I'll certainly feel screwed if a guy who buys this today gets the 100th book. Or 200th, or 300th, or 400th ... Since all I got for my money and waiting was 1225.

• [quote]I thought the point of preordering was not only to secure a copy but also to secure a higher number. [/quote]

I'm sorry you thought that and I'm sorry you're disappointed with the number. :(

The point of preordering was to secure a copy, period, as this is a limited run and we have no idea how quickly we'll sell through them. We knew that ensuring the numbers went out in the same order the preorders had been placed would be impossible, and we never promised it, but we did do our best to make sure that people who preordered would get their books from an earlier set in the series than people who didn't. (Notice no one's reported that they have a book in the high teens or 2000s yet? That's not a coincidence!)

The fact that Steve signed and numbered every single book makes them special. You have proof that your book is one of a 2,500 limited run that will never be reprinted! It also makes them more valuable, regardless of what the number is.

• Yea well, as long as the book is selling ... I just feel cheated out of a higher number because of how poorly things were planned. It would be nice to have a list of orders and list of numbers so that people could actually see which number in line they had and what number they eventually got.

I know I wasn't the first one to order the book, but I sure wasn't the 1225th.

[quote]The fact that Steve signed and numbered every single book makes them special. You have proof that your book is one of a 2,500 limited run that will never be reprinted! It also makes them more valuable, regardless of what the number is.[/quote]

I know ... I know ... But then again I see people posting messages "I got mine TODAY! Number 234!". Mine had to travel all the way to Europe, and the number is fairly high. The order was shipped on the 14th so it must have been the first batch out, right? I guess mine just got picked from the wrong box. It is signed, it is special, but 2XX is still more special than 12XX. Heck... If I got the 1250 it would be perfectly fine. Nice and clean, right from the middle. But noooo ... I had to get the special number of 1225.

• I placed three test orders before the book was even added to the store, meaning mine were the first three orders placed, and I got two books in the 600s and one in the 900s, if that makes you feel any better. I promise you, it's random. ;)

Add Comment