User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20.6K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That'd be pretty ridiculous if they recast Morgan Freeman as Tom Cruise. I probably wouldn't feel so hurt if that was the case. I would just be in a state of silent bewilderment. Plus, it would be easier to just write the movie off. As it stands now, I feel obliged to actually watch it as Kiss The Girls and Along Came A Spider are guilty pleasures of mine. I still know I'm going to hate the movie as I don't like the actors and the trailer looked uninteresting.. Bah.

• From Dusk ’Till Dawn 2/10

Good soundtrack. But the movie is fucking stupid.

• "I'll let you hold the bomb."

Seriously, the movie was, to me, the funniest The Simpsons had been in a long time.

• A couple of other funny parts is Homer's dare and Homer's plan on how to get back into Springfield.

• Don't judge me for this.

...Twilight. 2/10.

Sweet Christmas, this film was awful. NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS. It's one of the most boring things I've ever had to sit through. The plot feels like it takes place over a week and a half, the characters are uniformly unlikeable, you could replace the actors with cardboard cutouts and you'd get better performances, the action scenes are ineptly shot, there's no tension whatsoever and it's just an absolute chore to get through. Lord knows how it got to be so popular. Even the Rifftrax barely manages to make it tolerable. An absolute blight upon humanity and everyone who claims to like it should be punched in the face.

• First Blood (Rambo) - 8.5/10

Wonderful movie.

• @Darth Marsden said: Don't judge me for this.

...Twilight. 2/10.

Sweet Christmas, this film was awful. NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS. It's one of the most boring things I've ever had to sit through. The plot feels like it takes place over a week and a half, the characters are uniformly unlikeable, you could replace the actors with cardboard cutouts and you'd get better performances, the action scenes are ineptly shot, there's no tension whatsoever and it's just an absolute chore to get through. Lord knows how it got to be so popular. Even the Rifftrax barely manages to make it tolerable. An absolute blight upon humanity and everyone who claims to like it should be punched in the face.

Who’s gonna judge you? Everyone knows the movie practically turned vampires and werewolves into latent bisexuals. Aside from that, the movies just SUCK.

• Captain America - 9/10
    Thor - 9/10

They're fantastic.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jennifer said:

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (8/10)
    I don't know why people don't like this movie. The return of Spock was handled well. I also thought the Klingons were the perfect enemies to want the Genesis device's destructive powers for their own. Christopher Lloyd was excellent as a villain too. You really felt for Kirk when he kicked him in the face and sent him into the lava after what he did to Kirk's son.

Search for Spock was cheap, but, yes, NO ONE can ever beat Christopher Lloyd at being the villain. And I really don't care if it's Star Trek, Roger Rabbit or Dennis the Menace. I love the actor and STILL he scares the shit out of me whatever the franchise.

Add Comment