User Avatar Image

The Road To Woodbury

posted by tragictwist on - last edited - Viewed by 676 users

Anybody read it yet? I heard Lilly acts like a very different character... and I'm sure most of us have heard by now that the Lilly in this novel has a different backstory.

I'd read it myself, but I can't afford to spend any extra money right now. I need to know if it's really a different Lilly!! :D

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kiel555 said: I'm about half way through the book now. It's pretty good so far...

I think Kirkman screwed TTG over with the whole Lilly thing. The road to woodbury Lilly is not the same as the TTG Lilly. Regardless, opens the door for TTG to bring Lilly back and shows once again that TTG can create very interesting characters for their games.

Kirkman didn't screw anybody, he probably had the sypnosis before the game was even in the works, people need to understand that TWD is Kirkman's property, TTG are the ones that decided to add Lilly and give her a story and then say, oh yeah she's the one from the comics.

it's not Kirkman's fault, i don't understand why some people are blaming Kirkman for that...

• @mkane24 said: This is Kirkman's intellectual property. It's TTs job to keep it cannon

Well they ran it by Kirkman so he would have had to sign off on it. I think in his haste to milk every cent out of the series while its hot, he neglected to give a shit about the game's story and went ahead with the book. In the end, it falls within his department to keep this stuff in check. But I'm not complaining; if it wasnt for Kirkman whoring the series out, we'd have never gotten this fine game series.:D

• @SickBoy2212 said: Kirkman didn't screw anybody, he probably had the sypnosis before the game was even in the works, people need to understand that TWD is Kirkman's property, TTG are the ones that decided to add Lilly and give her a story and then say, oh yeah she's the one from the comics.

it's not Kirkman's fault, i don't understand why some people are blaming Kirkman for that...

Kirkman signed off on it. They met with him plenty of times. Telltale thought this was cannon to the comics and Lily was the Lily from the comics. He had no problem not answering the question and letting people order the book because they thought Lily was the Lily from the game.

• @SickBoy2212 said: Kirkman didn't screw anybody, he probably had the sypnosis before the game was even in the works, people need to understand that TWD is Kirkman's property, TTG are the ones that decided to add Lilly and give her a story and then say, oh yeah she's the one from the comics.

Do you HONESTLY think TTG can do anything storywise in their game without having Kirkman's approval first?

• @DreadMagus said: Do you HONESTLY think TTG can do anything storywise in their game without having Kirkman's approval first?

no i don't, it was never said IN THE GAME that she was the one from the comics, Kirkman never confirmed it either.

anyways, he's free to do what he wants with his own story, end of the line.

• Yeah, it should have been something like: "bye, I'm stealing the RV. Think I'll head for Woodbury, where I will end up doing something terrible. I will try to make up for it a little, and get my revenge by getting rid of the cause. Toodles."

• @rachellouise85 said: Yeah, it should have been something like: "bye, I'm stealing the RV. Think I'll head for Woodbury, where I will end up doing something terrible. I will try to make up for it a little, and get my revenge by getting rid of the cause. Toodles."

I think TTG realized Kirkman sold them down the rat hole just ahead of the book being released because TTG made some last minute changes to the pictures and names of two of the e3 trophies.

One was called Woodbury bound and showed Lilly alone driving what looked like Kenny's truck.

Nice recovery by TTG and again the Lilly they created is a very well done character that they made and are free to bring back to the game if they like.

• @SickBoy2212 said: no i don't, it was never said IN THE GAME that she was the one from the comics, Kirkman never confirmed it either.

anyways, he's free to do what he wants with his own story, end of the line.

In the game?

What is she supposed to do?

Break the fourth wall and tell us she'll kill Lori later in the storyline?

"It's ok, Lee, I'll kill a mother and her baby in the future, so killing Carley is no big thing. Lemme on the RV!!!!"

end of line? lol - that's cute.

• I read the comics and played the game but didn't know til ep like 2 that everyone thought it was Lori killing Lilly...I never did. Also one thing (not sure but pretty sure) they never say anyone's last name. So they never say Lily Caul. IMO Her being that Lilly would have been dumb. She is relatively unknown except as girl who killed rick's nag! Not like we even heard her last name in the comics for those 2-3 pages she was on. I mean it would be a much much cooler connection to have Kenny become Jesus up on the hill. Long hair/beard and all:p anyways it would feel like too much to have anyone more come back in now...except ninja M***y who is free to return any second;)

• @bdawgnit1785 said: I read the comics and played the game but didn't know til ep like 2 that everyone thought it was Lori killing Lilly...I never did. Also one thing (not sure but pretty sure) they never say anyone's last name. So they never say Lily Caul. IMO Her being that Lilly would have been dumb. She is relatively unknown except as girl who killed rick's nag! Not like we even heard her last name in the comics for those 2-3 pages she was on. I mean it would be a much much cooler connection to have Kenny become Jesus up on the hill. Long hair/beard and all:p anyways it would feel like too much to have anyone more come back in now...except ninja M***y who is free to return any second;)

It was a big selling point to the game

Add Comment