User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: but you only did that because kenny saved your life in the meat locker, because he was the only one that would do anything about the situation (kenny point of view)

that doesnt make any sense, save my life? pfft. he shattered lillys life and started the downward spiral of the group.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I gotta be honest, man, if I was trapped in a meat locker with somebody and got into an argument over whether or not to crush the head of a man who may or may not turn into a zombie and eat us all ...yeah, that would be the kind of situation that would define my opinion of him forever. I hold grudges against people for things that happened years ago that were so small I barely remember what they are. The meat locker scene was an extreme situation. As extreme as you can get. Why wouldn't it define how Kenny feels about you?

because as trd pointed out, i saved his families life right after. hell, they would have all been eaten if it werent for lee. you save his life in the beginning of the last episode and hes still a dick

• No y'all dont understand. We have nothing against a rocky relationship between Lee and Ken. Heck, the idea of that one decision eating away at their minds involving Larry is interesting, hes your main man but you two cant fully trust each other.

BUT it WASNT that, Kenny IS being irrational due to shoddy writing. As TC said, "Keeping score" implies that you pulled one over Kenny several times. Kenny even called us 'Selfish and only looking out for yourself" despite giving away all 4 pieces of food and everything. You cant defend that.

• @K0t0 said: No y'all dont understand. We have nothing against a rocky relationship between Lee and Ken. Heck, the idea of that one decision eating away at their minds involving Larry is interesting, hes your main man but you two cant fully trust each other.

BUT it WASNT that, Kenny IS being irrational due to shoddy writing. As TC said, "Keeping score" implies that you pulled one over Kenny several times. Kenny even called us 'Selfish and only looking out for yourself" despite giving away all 4 pieces of food and everything. You cant defend that.

maybe you should tell kenny all about your great sacrifice of giving away food and if he was written well he would give you a big hug and tell you that your friendship makes up for him having the worst month of his life ever and loosing everything

• I thnk they tryed turning Kenny from the family man into the group crazy and things went a little wrong, like when he called me selfish and I dont not help anyone but that saying Kat liked me and I looked after her and Duck?

• @marcu5 said: nope, i agreed with kenny on EVERYTHING except killing larry.

So...
    [LIST]
    [*]You sided against Lily in every argument?
    [*]You gave the food to the kids in Episode 2?
    [*]You stole the food from the car in Episode 2?
    [*]You left the lady to die in Episode 3?
    [*]You told Kenny the truth about Lee's past?
    [*]You tried to save Duck over Shawn?
    [*]You were all for leaving the motel?
    [*]You demonstrated yourself to be a good family man?
    [*]You shot the starved kid?
    [*]You dropped Ben in your game?
    [*]You showed Lee's bite to Kenny?
    [/LIST]

...And so on. I'm probably missing a whole bunch of choices here, but the point is - if you did ALL of that, and the only time Kenny was annoyed at you was when you wouldn't kill Larry, then that simply sounds like a bug.
    It really doesn't sound intentional.

• Has anyone had Kenny refuse to help them, even if they choose "Clem's my Family"?

• @FarmerJoe said: Has anyone had Kenny refuse to help them, even if they choose "Clem's my Family"?

Not yet, even when I did an anti Kenny in every way playthrough?

• @Phantom Command said: Not yet, even when I did an anti Kenny in every way playthrough?

What did yo do with Duck? didn't feed him,didn't give him water/animal crackers and who shot him.

I'm starting to suspect that the "Clem's my family" option may be a "get out of jail free card" for those who like Kenny but didn't agree with him fully.
    Does helping or ignoring Duck and Katjaa even matter for that option?
    I suspect that a lot of those who had a problem with Kenny at least helped his family.

• @FarmerJoe said: What did yo do with Duck? didn't feed him,didn't give him water/animal crackers and who shot him.

I'm starting to suspect that the "Clem's my family" option may be a "get out of jail free card" for those who like Kenny but didn't agree with him fully.
    Does helping or ignoring Duck and Katjaa even matter for that option?
    I suspect that a lot of those who had a problem with Kenny at least helped his family.

I've seen some people on the forum say they picked that option and Kenny said "Oh, you wanna talk to me about family?!" or something like that, probably happens if you neglect Duck. But yeah, that's an alternative way to get Kenny to come with you if he doesn't like you but you were still nice to Duck and Katjaa.

Add Comment