User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @FarmerJoe said: What did yo do with Duck? didn't feed him,didn't give him water/animal crackers and who shot him.

    I'm starting to suspect that the "Clem's my family" option may be a "get out of jail free card" for those who like Kenny but didn't agree with him fully.
    Does helping or ignoring Duck and Katjaa even matter for that option?
    I suspect that a lot of those who had a problem with Kenny at least helped his family.

    -saved shawn
    -didn't feed him ep 3
    -left him semi alive in the woods

    I was nice to Kat though so that may have something to do with it?

  • @Planeforger said: So...
    [LIST]
    [*]You sided against Lily in every argument?
    [*]You gave the food to the kids in Episode 2?
    [*]You stole the food from the car in Episode 2?
    [*]You left the lady to die in Episode 3?
    [*]You told Kenny the truth about Lee's past?
    [*]You tried to save Duck over Shawn?
    [*]You were all for leaving the motel?
    [*]You demonstrated yourself to be a good family man?
    [*]You shot the starved kid?
    [*]You dropped Ben in your game?
    [*]You showed Lee's bite to Kenny?
    [/LIST]

    ...And so on. I'm probably missing a whole bunch of choices here, but the point is - if you did ALL of that, and the only time Kenny was annoyed at you was when you wouldn't kill Larry, then that simply sounds like a bug.
    It really doesn't sound intentional.

    i have 1 playthrough where i disagreed with kenny on everything except the larry incident, and he's cool with me.

    1 playthrough where i've agreed with him on everything except the larry incident, and he hates me.

    1 playthrough where i disagree/agree according to the choices, didn't bash larrys head in, kenny still hates me.

  • So you have to smash someone's head with a saltlick in order to be loved by your friend? :p

  • @marcu5 said: i have 1 playthrough where i disagreed with kenny on everything except the larry incident, and he's cool with me.

    1 playthrough where i've agreed with him on everything except the larry incident, and he hates me.

    1 playthrough where i disagree/agree according to the choices, didn't bash larrys head in, kenny still hates me.

    did you tell kenny and katjaa that the pharmacy was owned by your family, not only does that make kenny and katjaa trust you more because you were honest, it probably makes kenny know that you are having a similar bad time as him so he would feel more familiar with you

  • @thestalkinghead said: did you tell kenny and katjaa that the pharmacy was owned by your family, not only does that make kenny and katjaa trust you more because you were honest, it probably makes kenny know that you are having a similar bad time as him so he would feel more familiar with you

    yes, they know my family owned the pharmacy, i confessed about being a killer before lilly could out me, and i told the group i was bit. i did lie about who clem was to me in my first playthrough, but after losing all my data after episode 2.(a problem that TTG still hasn't fixed) i ran it completely honest.

  • @Foinikas said: So you have to smash someone's head with a saltlick in order to be loved by your friend? :p

    lol, i know right

  • @marcu5 said: yes, they know my family owned the pharmacy, i confessed about being a killer before lilly could out me, and i told the group i was bit. i did lie about who clem was to me in my first playthrough, but after losing all my data after episode 2.(a problem that TTG still hasn't fixed) i ran it completely honest.

    i dont know what i could be, what about after he smashed larrys skull, what did you say about it, i dont think any of the dialogue are that good at being cool about what he did, i cant remember all the dialogue chouces but it think the least mad at kenny was the "you're no hero" type response, it's getting very complex to find exactly the causes of things now, and they said some can be subtle, but i don't think they made only one choice matter (in terms of kenny liking/hating you) but i do think some matter more than others

  • @thestalkinghead said: i dont know what i could be, what about after he smashed larrys skull, what did you say about it, i dont think any of the dialogue are that good at being cool about what he did, i cant remember all the dialogue chouces but it think the least mad at kenny was the "you're no hero" type response, it's getting very complex to find exactly the causes of things now, and they said some can be subtle, but i don't think they made only one choice matter (in terms of kenny liking/hating you) but i do think some matter more than others

    it doesn't matter how you respond to him after you decide to choose lilly. all of lee's responses are negative, even the silent response.

  • @marcu5 said: it doesn't matter how you respond to him after you decide to choose lilly. all of lee's responses are negative, even the silent response.

    but some are more negative than others so it could matter

  • I think people underestimate the Larry decision.

    If you side with Lilly in the meat locker, you risk Duck and Katjaa getting eaten alive by cannibals and getting slowly cut to pieces. Larry's death is nothing compared to that torture. You also risk Kenny (and everyone else's life's). All this for one old bastard who might be dead and who punched you into a room full of walkers after you got him his heart medicine. It's pretty clear why making the wrong choice in the meat locked turns Kenny against you.

    But I have heard people say that they went will Lilly in the locker and still ended up as friends with Kenny.

Add Comment