User Avatar Image

I Think Clementine Is Going To Die

posted by Cxjo on - last edited - Viewed by 355 users

I have seen little to no people talk about Clementine dying... I'm thinking that they will come up with a crazy twist ending like:

- Save the Group
- Save Clementine but you will die slowly

What do you think?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Knowing The Walking Dead, it could go either way, really. Clem could get the Carl treatment (immortality) or the Everyone Else treatment (die). At this point, I don´t think any option is more obvious than the other.

For example, I remember we had bets going with my friends about whether Sophia would be found alive, dead, or not found at all. I was the only one half-seriously suggesting she might come back as a zombie. I ended up winning that bet :D

If they do kill her, I would highly advise Telltale to brace themselves for the massive shitstorm that would ensue.

• Yeah...I'm not holding out much hope for Clem's survival. If she dies, then it certainly won't be because of a lack of effort on my part though! And my half expecting her death CERTAINLY won't stop me from going into a depressed fury...

Btw, My first post!

• @Sonic Boyster said: It's The Walking Dead and everything but killing off Clem isn't going to have anybody rushing to preorder the next season of the game.

Speak for yourself. I'd preorder it that same day if I could.

• Unless Episode 5 does some serious work, killing Clem unconditionally would be bad storytelling. Most of the relationship between Lee and Clem has been to teach Clem how to respond to the new world, possibly without him. Killing her negates most of the relationship, and shows how much of the player's time Telltale wasted. However, it would be ok if she can optionally die so people can see that lessons they taught her (or failed to teach her) get her killed and want to try again.

There's been some groundwork for Clem to unconditionally die (she has become somewhat reckless), but not enough to overcome her importance to the story. Killing her unconditionally would be like saying, "We're so edgy we don't use storytelling. So, no one should feel empathy for the characters we create or believe the tension we write, because we're just manipulating people."

Some people don't value storytelling, plot, and characterization. Only dramatic and emotional events matter. However, I think that group of people is smaller than people who like a good story. I suspect Telltale will make Clem's survival depend on player choices and actions.

• @IndigoHawk said: Unless Episode 5 does some serious work, killing Clem unconditionally would be bad storytelling. Most of the relationship between Lee and Clem has been to teach Clem how to respond to the new world, possibly without him. Killing her negates most of the relationship, and shows how much of the player's time Telltale wasted. However, it would be ok if she can optionally die so people can see that lessons they taught her (or failed to teach her) get her killed and want to try again.

There's been some groundwork for Clem to unconditionally die (she has become somewhat reckless), but not enough to overcome her importance to the story. Killing her unconditionally would be like saying, "We're so edgy we don't use storytelling. So, no one should feel empathy for the characters we create or believe the tension we write, because we're just manipulating people."

Some people don't value storytelling, plot, and characterization. Only dramatic and emotional events matter. However, I think that group of people is smaller than people who like a good story. I suspect Telltale will make Clem's survival depend on player choices and actions.

Wouldn't killing Clem unconditionally also be good storytelling with regards the Walking Dead as it is meant to depict a bleak world where nobody is likely to survive and with Clemintine kidnapped, Lee bitten and the rest of the group aspiring to utilize a boat that could sink or get them nowhere due to its size there is some kind of set up for a tragic scene. Although killing Clem and possibly the rest of the group kind of negates the meaning of a second season also.

• A waste of an amazing charecter. The second series cant make another kid and the plot is made by clem. They kill her they destroy what makes this a great game. That little girl who most love makes this game. Duck was a bonus but kill her and it will be great story short term. Terrible long term.

• User Avatar Image
    Kae

My gut feeling as it stands right now is:

Lee will die, but hopefully save Clem or at least get her back to her parents before he dies, or as his last act. Something along those lines. Like, sad, because Lee will almost assuredly die at this point, but hopeful because he manages to protect Clem until the end.

Or total twist, he turns and bites Clem and everyone's mad as a wet hen at TTG, lol.

• clem dies a fair bit at least once per episode with ep4 being an exception (near miss with ben )

so lee can still survive but dies in the time between s1 and s2

Add Comment