User Avatar Image

Episode 4 Xbox version deleted my progress

posted by Yeluis on - last edited - Viewed by 820 users

I just installed episode 4 on Xbox and as is tarted to play it it decided to load up chapter one instead and delete all my progress. Now my save file only allows me to start at the very beginning. Are you debs working on this and will I be able to get my save file back?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've just had the exact same issue mate. I'm not happy.

• The new patch did the same for me and deleted my save file and overwrote it with an episode 1 save. I'm done with this series -- luckily I hadn't bought ep. 4 yet.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Hey guys, sorry you ran into an issue with missing save games. For Xbox, try this fix:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Go into the game.
    [*]Log out of your gamertag.
    [*]Log back in. This should take you to the main game screen and prompt you for a location (cloud or HDD).
    [*]Your saved games should show up now.
    [/LIST]

Also make sure that you have the Title Update, which is required to access episodes beyond the first one.

This thread has further detail from Telltale support.

• @puzzlebox said: Hey guys, sorry you ran into an issue with missing save games. For Xbox, try this fix:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Go into the game.
    [*]Log out of your gamertag.
    [*]Log back in. This should take you to the main game screen and prompt you for a location (cloud or HDD).
    [*]Your saved games should show up now.
    [/LIST]

Also make sure that you have the Title Update, which is required to access episodes beyond the first one.

This thread has further detail from Telltale support.

That will no longer work. On attempting to play episode 4, it started the game at episode 1 and saved over my existing save - twice. This means I now only have a save point at the beginning of episode 1.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Please make sure the correct save slot is loading. There are users reporting that only 1 save slot is being recognized. We are working on a fix for this issue, but until then please look into the sticked thread Here to see if this is what you are experiencing. There is also a posted workaround that might help.

• I experienced this issue MATT P. Until I came on here I thought 'Playing' on my other slot previous episodes would solve it NOW I have lost my Game 1 slot thinks I've never played EP4 how do I get my decisions back for this slot?!

• @MattP said: Please make sure the correct save slot is loading. There are users reporting that only 1 save slot is being recognized. We are working on a fix for this issue, but until then please look into the sticked thread Here to see if this is what you are experiencing. There is also a posted workaround that might help.

This isn't what I'm experiencing. Here's a summary of my issue, which may be related or a different manifestation of the same issue. But it's definitely causing a partial loss of progress:

-Only 1 save slot (#1) was used to complete Episodes 1, 2, and 3 and part of Chapter 4
    -Loaded Save Slot 1, launched Episode 4
    -Game launches into episode 1
    -Quitting game immediately updates progress in save to beginning of chapter 1, losing any progress in Chapter 4

• I tried the quick fix for my slot one problem. But i cant do it because I've already beat episode 4! i had two files. One where i made lots of Kenny decisions and one where i made lots of against Kenny decisions. Now i'm stuck with the slot two game which is the against kenny game! I have no idea why my game keeps saying nope lets use slot 2 but it's pissing me off! I love this game but i'm hatting allt he issues with it.
    I also tried the achievement thing for the damn game that xbox suggested and it got rid of ALL the things i'd already earned. Now i have to play episode 4 again! UGH!

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

@Donewiththis said: This isn't what I'm experiencing. Here's a summary of my issue, which may be related or a different manifestation of the same issue. But it's definitely causing a partial loss of progress:

-Only 1 save slot (#1) was used to complete Episodes 1, 2, and 3 and part of Chapter 4
    -Loaded Save Slot 1, launched Episode 4
    -Game launches into episode 1
    -Quitting game immediately updates progress in save to beginning of chapter 1, losing any progress in Chapter 4

Please try logging out of your profile, and once returned to the Title Screen, log back in and then try to reload your save.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

@allienicole16 said: I tried the quick fix for my slot one problem. But i cant do it because I've already beat episode 4! i had two files. One where i made lots of Kenny decisions and one where i made lots of against Kenny decisions. Now i'm stuck with the slot two game which is the against kenny game! I have no idea why my game keeps saying nope lets use slot 2 but it's pissing me off! I love this game but i'm hatting allt he issues with it.
    I also tried the achievement thing for the damn game that xbox suggested and it got rid of ALL the things i'd already earned. Now i have to play episode 4 again! UGH!

If slot 2 is loading, and is not in Episode 4, then continue to play off of this slot until you reach episode 4. If you do not intend to play this slot, then load episode 4 directly with random choices, and then try the workaround. If this slot has a completed Episode 4, you can continue your game and it will load to the final scene in the game. Replay the very end of the game, and once the credits are over and you are returned to the Main Menu, you should be able to access your other slots. To avoid this problem occurring again, always exit the game through the Main menu.

Add Comment