User Avatar Image

The unofficial fate of Ben poll.

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 749 users

So, here we are.. Everyone who said Pre-Ep4 that they wanted the option to kill Ben because of all the crap that happened previously.

Did you follow through or not?

Me, at first I did because I figured that knowing how these games have gone previously that if I tried to rescue him, something stupid would have happened and he would have fallen to his death anyway. But then as he smashed into the ground at the bottom of the stairwell, crying as the walkers started to eat him...

Well, I was like "damnnn lol that's really f*@king cold..."

So I rewound to see if I could actually save his stupid @ss. To my surprise, yes I could. And I'm glad I did too because when convincing him to come help search for Clementine. I told him that she was basically the reason he's still alive. And as a result he said "By the end of all this, I will make it up to everyone." Then the plotmarker checked at the top left noting that "You gave Ben the chance to prove himself", I wont forget that Telltale.;)

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @AsariTears said: So let me get this right... If you don't drop Ben. Kenny resents you for not doing it.

But if you do drop Ben, Kenny calls you out to the group no matter what, calling you a murderer?

He doesn't call you a murderer, he just says you did what needed to be done.

• @AsariTears said: So let me get this right... If you don't drop Ben. Kenny resents you for not doing it.

But if you do drop Ben, Kenny calls you out to the group no matter what, calling you a murderer?

Kenny wants Ben dead so he's glad Lee dropped him and wants to share the good news with the group! :p

• Yeah, Kenny actually defends you saying you did what you had to, it's just that he displays the typical lack of tact doing so. If anything, he was perfectly happy that Disaster Ben was gone, and just wanted to celebrate with everyone, again, with his typical lack of tact.

• Oh I see.... But to do it infront of Clementine.. Does that make you lose points with her?

• I told her that Ben died a hero that didn't want to be saved because it would've put Lee in too much danger and she said that she understands and adds that Ben was a good person, which Lee will then agree with, so I don't think you lose points with that reply at least. I'm not sure about the other replies.

• I saved ben coz the more people, The more Help !

• @Phoenix VII said: Yeah, Kenny actually defends you saying you did what you had to, it's just that he displays the typical lack of tact doing so. If anything, he was perfectly happy that Disaster Ben was gone, and just wanted to celebrate with everyone, again, with his typical lack of tact.

See again, I'd like to point out the whole Larry situation were he was able to perfectly capable of not telling anyone what exactly happened. He was pretty convinced that this was the right time to do. And in that episode he was capable of formulate a hidden plan against the farm boys with Lee.
    I'm also pretty sure he hasn't told anyone about letting Shane die.

He also hid the fact someone was on the other end of the walkie talkie.

He seems perfectly able to hide things when it's in his own interest.

• My Lee's just not the type to kill a guy for making mistakes, no matter how stupid or costly they were. If I got the chance, I might give him a gun and supplies and send him away but not let him fall, break his legs and then get eaten.

Kinda off topic but I watches footage of someone dropping Ben and wow! The scream and then it looked like he broke his legs. Finished with him on the floor unable to move while walkers moved in to eat him alive. How do you Ben killers sleep at night? :P

• @Wrighty said: My Lee's just not the type to kill a guy for making mistakes, no matter how stupid or costly they were. If I got the chance, I might give him a gun and supplies and send him away but not let him fall, break his legs and then get eaten.

Kinda off topic but I watches footage of someone dropping Ben and wow! The scream and then it looked like he broke his legs. Finished with him on the floor unable to move while walkers moved in to eat him alive. How do you Ben killers sleep at night? :P

Lots and lots of pills.

Anyways, I fucked up when I dropped him. After I saw that he only broke his legs, I was all "God what have I done?!" I'll never drop him in any OTHER playthrough, but for some reason I like to live with my choices. Especially this one, the ONLY one so far I'd change if I had the chance.

Add Comment