User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.7K users

surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Emily said: I promise you, it's random. ;)

Oh well ... as long as you promise :) Ok ... Now that I complained a bit, I can finally start convincing myself it really is special. If I was ever to sell it on eBay [which is HIGHLY unlikely] I would add something like this in description:

"Before you buy, you should know that the number is random and yet still special. Emily from Telltale team told me that herself" *screenshot from the forums here*

Ok, I'm off to enjoy my expensive book now. No matter what number you get, the pages are still the same, and everybody knows that what really matters is on the inside, right?

P.S. - The overall quality is SUPERB. The book looks, feels and smells nice. I'm really pleased with the quality of both paper and print. If I could wish for something more I would wish for a dust cover.

• @Morden said: Oh well ... as long as you promise :) Ok ... Now that I complained a bit, I can finally start convincing myself it really is special. If I was ever to sell it on eBay [which is HIGHLY unlikely] I would add something like this in description:

"Before you buy, you should know that the number is random and yet still special. Emily from Telltale team told me that herself" *screenshot from the forums here*

Ok, I'm off to enjoy my expensive book now. No matter what number you get, the pages are still the same, and everybody knows that what really matters is on the inside, right?

P.S. - The overall quality is SUPERB. The book looks, feels and smells nice. I'm really pleased with the quality of both paper and print. If I could wish for something more I would wish for a dust cover.

you got the exact middle book that in its self is pretty cool

• I got mine today and it's number 781!

• Uk books are arriving!? I feel so cheated.. I want my book damnit! *sadness*
    It should arrive in the next week then i'm assuming.. i'll let you guys know when I get it. We tend to get shafted here in the north as stuff arrives in London and just.. sits there... for weeks. I have no idea what the hell the london sorting office and customs do with it. Maybe they're s&m fans lol.

I note the earliest numbers so far are mid 200s.. interesting.

• I ordered another book and got #1 suckas. Boo hoo!

I'm appauled at the bitching in this thread.

• @patters said: you got the exact middle book that in its self is pretty cool

Last time I checked, 1225 x 2 was 2450, not 2500. It's not the "exact middle book" now is it? I even mentioned before that if I got the 1250 book, I'd be pleased.

@patters said: I ordered another book and got #1 suckas. Boo hoo! I'm appauled at the bitching in this thread.

First off, I didn't get the #1 book and if I did, you wouldn't hear a word of complaint. Second, if you're "appauled" by all the bitching, you're out of luck. It's my book, I bought it, I ordered it ages ago, it was NOT cheap and I got a number I'm not pleased with. If this somehow bothers you, I could not care less.

• @Morden said: Last time I checked, 1225 x 2 was 2450, not 2500. It's not the "exact middle book" now is it? I even mentioned before that if I got the 1250 book, I'd be pleased.

sorry hangover equals misreading

• I dunno what the big deal is about the number inside the book, to be honest, but if it's any consolation, you're the only person in the world with "1225" written inside their copy. That's got to count for something?

• @Morden said: But noooo ... I had to get the special number of 1225.

Oh, boo hoo.

Add Comment